Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 47 Packard 356
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Voorheis

Welcome to this friendliest, most knowledgeable, enthusiastic, generous, helpful and civil Packard forum. There is a wealth of knowledge and encouragement here standing by to avail yourself of as you tackle every problem. A great deal of historic information is here for the simply filling out your knowledge base.

There are no dumb questions. After all, these cars are all now 60+ years old but fortunately interest in, knowledge of and parts support for remains at a high level. Ask any and all questions that arise, but do a search first which because so many problems have been encountered by others on the same issues, will frequently produce instant answers to the problem at hand.

To document your progress and share it with all of us, please start a project blog in that section. Not only does it make it easier to post your questions but also to find the answers later for reference. Of course, we all like to see how things are progressing too. Check out the other ongoing Project Blogs for ideas as well.

Good luck with your '47 Custom Clippers. Please show us what you've bought and keep us up on your progress.

If you could use a third '47 Clipper, this one has been for sale on CL recently. The interior photo shows its a Custom:
https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/d/1947-packard/6478301766.html

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (23.25 KB)
409_5a8dfb9498b44.jpg 599X337 px

jpg  (29.45 KB)
409_5a8dfbd7ba5e3.jpg 600X450 px

Posted on: 2018/2/21 18:09
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Voorheis
See User information
I'd love to add photos and edit the info on the cars I have but I have no idea how to get to that spot :D

Posted on: 2018/2/21 18:25
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Voorheis,

Go to your Owner Registry Entries, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "Make Changes" then edit any or all of your entry. You can also add a picture by clicking on the Choose File button at the bottom of the opened page. Don't forget to click on the Save Changes button when done!

This FAQ may also help.

Posted on: 2018/2/21 18:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I would pay for it depending on condition. Full restoration of a 356 cost about $7000 here in Sweden so everything depends on condition. Where are You? Is there any risk of the engine having been frozen previously? The crankshaft is particularly expensive to restore as there are bolt-on counterweights that must be removed first and the bolts have no heads so they must be drilled off. there are also a lot of bearings to grind, 17 of them.

Posted on: 2018/3/7 13:39
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved