Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 125

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Re: 55 Constellation Build
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
I do have more parts. Tonight after work I'll post more. I scored with a box of weather striping designed for a 55 clipper with part numbers and still in plastic. They feel new.
But sadly no distributor, tail lights, script . I aslo found thrle hardware for the rear panels.

Posted on: 2019/3/4 16:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
I need help getting a trans and engine separated. I took off all the bolts from the bell housing. On the passenger side bottom were the trans/engine meet there was a plate that looked it would come off and make the flexplate bolts accessible but a couple of wacks from a light weight sledge didn't budge it. So I went on the other side and took off the starter. After that was out the bolts are a tricky angle.
What's the size bolt head on those flexplate bolts?

Posted on: 2019/8/3 15:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
SIX bolts hold the lower bell housing to the upper--two are between the the hosing and pan.. In addition there are two dowels in between the bolts on the side flanges. If the bottom half is still stuck drive them out with a punch. Then you can easily reach the TC bolts.

Posted on: 2019/8/3 15:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Parts # 2,3,4,7,9 are all heater related parts.
As for a distributor, the Delco as used in the Senior cars is a more practical unit so don't limit your search to just Autolite.
Enjoy!

Posted on: 2019/8/3 21:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Ross thank you with your help I got them separated and a little help from the wife holding the breaker bar while I wrenched off the torque converter bolts. Thanks

Posted on: 2019/8/4 20:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
64avanti sorry I forgot your name. My name is Ronnie if you forgot mine too. Thanks for helping with identifying the parts.
I have good news with my progress in acquiring a distributor. The other day on craigslist I scored a complete 320 engine and transmission with a very small carb on it. Either way it has a distributor and many of the accessories my 352 is lacking.
That's what I was needing help separating. The engine spun over good but the freeze plugs were open and sat outside. Either way I'm going to stash up the engine for a future stroker motor or something. How many cubes can you cut these engines too again. It sure looked big as a big block when looking at it. The trans will also be stashed up and experimented on for a future th400 or 4l80e swap/mating.

And guess what guys that man sold me some Packard tail light hardware with no lenses for 60 dollars. As you noticed I go for the deals.

Posted on: 2019/8/4 20:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (161.55 KB)
167221_5d478f9c7c75c.jpg 900X1200 px

jpg  (130.35 KB)
167221_5d478fad3c39b.jpg 900X1200 px

jpg  (182.61 KB)
167221_5d478fb85a84c.jpg 900X1200 px

Posted on: 2019/8/4 21:09
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ronnie
See User information
Will putting the 320 head on a 352 be a good idea?

Posted on: 2019/8/4 21:52
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved