Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 158

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1951 300 Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Howard

Can you spot what might be the control for the winter-front in the dash view?

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (219.69 KB)
409_5b54aadde5185.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2018/7/22 11:03
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
That car must have spent a lot of time in very cold climates to have such an elaborate and adjustable winterfront system. I can recall extremely cold winter days here in NJ when folks put a piece of cardboard in front of their radiators to prevent radiator freeze-up. I think Packard's last accessory "winter front" kit was for the 23rd Series.

Posted on: 2018/7/22 11:07
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

58L8134 wrote:
Howard

Can you spot what might be the control for the winter-front in the dash view?

Steve

Steve, I really can't. There is a starter pushbutton and the extra knobs on the dash which I am thinking are antenna and rear speaker. There might be something sort of under the steering column or maybe just to the left of it and there is some odd rounded thing that appears on top or to the right of the steering column. No idea what that might be. Otherwise, nothing I could identify as obvious for a mechanism that would pull to bring a shield up very far.

No idea how much travel those fronts would have had but I would hope there would not be any control cable that would hang down very far to get tangled. If the chain or cable comes all the way in for a pull mechanism, in addition to the 3 pulleys seen in the engine compt, it must have a fairly elaborate pulley or guide system to work and thread around things under the dash.

Posted on: 2018/7/22 12:03
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Great solid car with overdrive! Did it sell???

Posted on: 2018/9/11 15:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
Never mind - $6,500 ........someone got a sweet deal!

Posted on: 2018/9/11 15:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Thanks for the feedback, looks like someone got a great deal on a 200. Hope he joins in here.

Steve

Posted on: 2018/9/11 18:18
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved