Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 211

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: I Have A Dream....
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Wait until you get into heated discussions about the history of Packard, and the fact that Packard bought Studebaker, not the other way around. I had that happen to me at the KKOA show in Salina, Ks, a few years ago. The guy even offered to bring proof the next day that Studebaker bought Packard. I told him I'll bring my proof of the contrary the next day if he'd bring his. I was there the next day with car and info in hand, he never showed up. A couple of people that witnessed this exchange showed up and asked me about him, I told them that he never showed up. I was then told, "you must be right then and he's afraid to admit it.". I said yup, must be!

Posted on: 2009/11/20 21:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
if memory serves, Packard purchased Studebaker in exchange for stock.

to put it very simply.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 22:01
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
And that topic, Eric, has been debated before, more than once over the hood of my car at a show. The person arguing the studebaker bought Packard idea is invariably not a classic car owner at all. Most frequently, a father or uncle had a Packard back in the day, and that leaves them far more qualified than me.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 22:22
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Yeah Mike, there's nothing worse than us know it all young "kids" who know more than an old "pfhart". I just laugh at them!

Posted on: 2009/11/20 22:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved