Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 158

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

The Bitter End for Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
The last Packard-badged car was built by Studebaker on 19 August 1958:

https://56packardman.com/2018/08/21/gear-head-tuesday-the-bitter-end-of-packard

Attach file:

jpg  (35.49 KB)
13111_5b7c3489ba0b5.jpg 562X346 px

Posted on: 2018/8/21 10:49
 Top  Print 

Re: The Bitter End for Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

I read the posting with interest. How was the August 19th, 1956 date for the two Packard-badged Studebaker 4X4 trucks for Argentine export determined? Were the Production Orders discovered in the SNM Archives? If so, can you post copies of them on your site or here?

Steve

Posted on: 2018/8/23 9:32
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
Steve - I don't know that the 2 Packard-badged trucks were actually produced on 19 August, 1958. It is my understanding that the last Packard-badged cars were produced that day. I don't know how many or which models. I have it in the back of my head that the 2 trucks were built after that, but I don't have the proof. This is an inquiry I will make with the museum.

Posted on: 2018/8/23 22:05
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

In the interest of historical accuracy, the subject of when the last South Bend Packard car was built has been researched, its July 25,1958. On this thread:

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=204557&topic_id=20228&#forumpost204557

Posting #6 has a link to the SDC Forum where Richard Quinn who has researched Studebaker history thoroughly posted on #13 copies of the production orders for both the last Packard sedan and Packard Hawk: Here's the SDC Forum link:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?106730-The-last-Packard

Posting #12 has detailed information on the trucks.

Hope this helps in your documentation of events.

Steve

Posted on: 2018/8/24 6:55
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard5687
See User information
Super! Thank you very much for this!

Posted on: 2018/8/24 20:59
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved