Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
56 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 51

DM37, Jimmyk, BigKev, kevinpackard, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 110 Coupe Special
Just popping in
Just popping in

westhouston
See User information
Can anyone tell me why I am having trouble finding ANY Information on a 1941 110 Coupe Special? I know the were not many made but good grief I cant find anything on them.
I just bought one and will need as much Info as I can get.

Westhouston

Posted on: 2018/8/26 20:32
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 110 Coupe Special
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
what are you looking for exactly that you can't find? It's a '41 110, and there are lots of people familiar with them here

Posted on: 2018/8/26 20:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In addition to all the knowledgeable people on the forum who can answer your questions a considerable amount of factory sales and service literature for 1941 is available in the literature section. You can download as much or as little as you wish. The salesman's data or fact book will be of particular interest as will the 110 owners manual.

Service articles and bulletins starting in the fall of 40 will have some 41 info. Specifications for the 41 models and introduction of new features are covered in those. 41 and later year bulletins will have information on 41 cars for anything the factory might have issued some repair information.

There are quite a few 110 photos in the photo archive. Those are also available for download if you want to document or compare some feature with your car.

The vendors are a wealth of information. Kanter and Max Merritt are the largest vendors. The flackmaster who posts here frequently specializes in the prewar junior models with information and parts.

Posted on: 2018/8/26 21:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

westhouston
See User information
Howard, Thank you. I did find info. I need from your advise.
My original comment was regarding information specific to the 110 Special I just purchased. When I put the Special after the 110 I find nothing.
Bill

Posted on: 2018/8/27 15:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Westhouston,
to PackardInfo.

The "data plate" on the firewall of your coupe may help in its identification. And I invite you to include your '41 110 Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2018/8/27 15:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Page 20 in the fact book has a couple of paragraphs describing the special. From the bit they give it appears the special was the base and least optioned model. Only has a couple of upholstery choices and minimal amenities. The deluxe appears to have been the upper level model for the 110 series.

Posted on: 2018/8/27 15:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

westhouston
See User information
Howard, thanks again for responding. Can you tell me where I can get my hands on a Fact Book?
My car arrives tomorrow from Laguna Cal. and I am all excited to see it for real and not Pictures.
I am trying to find all Information, Parts sources, Specs ect. I can get my hands on.
Thanks again for you help.
Bill

Posted on: 2018/8/31 21:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No idea on a printed copy but they do come up from time to time on ebay. Some of the literature vendors such as Faxon or Walter Miller also have Packard literature and sometimes come across fact books. Books like that are not reprinted as far as I know so you will usually pay a good price to obtain an original since there were so few of them compared to things like brochures and owners manuals.

There are a few 41 items scanned and posted on site in the literature section, Salesmen and Dealer Information category. Those you can download, The salesman data (fact) book is illustrated with lots of pertinent and feature data on various modelshttps://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1941_DataBook.pdf and another item called the Packard information Booklet has a lot of pricing information and how a model was typically accessory equipped and what was available for the various models.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/view.article.php?493

Posted on: 2018/9/1 0:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved