Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 249

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1st Irish Packard Weekend!
Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
I am proud to announce the 1st Irish Packard Weekend!
At a meeting held last night of the newly formed Irish Packard Club a committee was formed to organize events and recruit members.

The committee consists of the following members, all proposed and seconded by me.

President; Mr. Pat Feeney.
Vice President; Mr. P. Feeney.
Treasurer; Mr. Feeney.
Chairman; Mr. Patrick Feeney.
Events; Pat Feeney.
Membership; Paddy Feeney.

The Irish Packard Club, have decided to have a weekend of all things Packard and invite fellow Irish Packard owners to join me for a fun filled, informative 3 days including a Swap Meet, Road Run and Packard Car Show.

The program is as follows;

Friday 30 Jan 2009. Swap Meet.
To be held in my garage here in Galway. I will be looking to swap Packard parts and 'hard to get bits' with myself, it promises to be an enjoyable and fruitful day as I get back the parts I have just swapped.

Saturday 31 Jan 2009. Road Run. The route is yet to be finalized but will take in a picturesque and historic road to my local pub. I expect the first car to leave at 12noon and the last car to depart no later than 12noon. This will ensure I stay in convoy on the arduous 500foot trip. If anyone experiences a breakdown I will telephone myself. Lunch will consist of Crubeen or a Pig's foot. As you may know this dripping piece of cholesterol is boiled and served with cabbage. If you prefer it can be saut?ed in pure butter for a life-time dose of fat.
From there I will return to the start line, first car expected to arrive at 6 pm with the last car expected to cross the line at 6 pm.

Sunday 32 Jan 2009. The Big Meet! The premier event of the weekend will be the Packard Car Show. After reading feedback of the world-wide phenomenon of Flat Caps, Red Necks and Beer Bellied Belt Bucklers I have decided to make this a blueprint for shows across the World. The car on display will be directed to an area where a especially laid Camomile Lawn will release a sweet fragrance as the Packard purrs across it. Oiled Amazonian Warrior Women will be providing the security thus eliminating the need for crowd control barriers or Capital Punishment. Visitors to the show will be marched, hooded, gagged and shackled to minimize interacting with the exhibit. The security measures we have taken will make Guantanamo Bay look like quite a nice place to be.
One exciting feature for the inaugural show will be the on-site valeting (or detailing, to you heathen's). This will be provided by 'The Very Vigorous Vestal Virgin Valeting Company', who promise to caress your pride and joy to restore it to its former glory. They also do a damm fine job of cleaning cars.

Do join me/us for an action packed fun filled, if lonely and miserabe, weekend!

Pat.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 8:35
 Top  Print   

Re: 1st Irish Packard Weekend!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Pat,Patrick,Paddy, You just have to STOP posting this stuff. My wife is about to have me committed to the Psychiatric Hospital for uncontrollably laughing at the computer monitor! If I can get on an airplane willing to fly in this miserable -60 (no kidding!) weather I'll be at Shannon on the 31st...that is if I can get a day pass from the rubber room.

P.S. An dtogann tu cartai credit?

Posted on: 2009/1/17 8:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Pat, I have to say that you're an Irish rebel up there with the best of them, keep up the good work, and thanks for the laughs!!!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Michael Collins is it not!

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Of course, Michael Collins had the misfortune to be assassinated while a passenger in a bright yellow touring car with the top down, and it was a British Leyland. If he had have been travelling in a good 'ol Packard, Irish history would have been very different!

And yes clipper47, I accept all major credit cards!

Posted on: 2009/1/17 9:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Pat, I hope your Irish Packard Weekend is more of a success than my Boreal Packard Winter Meet held on February 15 in 2005. Besides offering a goody bag consisting of an ice scraper, a bottle of windshield anti freeze and a can of lock deicer I had also included, as an incentive for participants, a door prize of a set of used tire chains. Only one other participant came to my show site on a clear patch of ice I snow shovelled on Lake Superior and it was a Lapplander from nearby Kivikoski who as it turned out was simply lost in the -40 white out blizzard while attempting to get to his ice fishing hole in his 1963 Saab 96 Saab "2-takt" . I gave him the tire chains as a consolation prize despite not bringing a Packard to the meet in return for half of his quart of homemade Vodka. Unfortunately due to the cold I was unable to start my Super Clipper and had to leave it in the garage at home and make my way to the site in a pair of snowshoes just in case someone showed up.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 10:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
I feel hopeful now! That was an uplifting story.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 10:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Pat,

How "thin on the ground" are Packards in Ireland? Are you a member of any local car clubs through your ownership of the '34, the '32 Dodge and '27 Buick? Through the club/s or through other clubs or contacts have you been able to find any other Packards residing in the Emerald Isle?

Posted on: 2009/1/17 16:20
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
I think there is one in Northern Ireland. (still part of the uk so it does not count). I have heard of one in the Republic but I have never seen it. Vintage here usually means anything before 1990. There ar every few true vintage cars and apart from Rolls Royce, not many throughbred machines.

No, it is a lonely outpost I man here in the west of Ireland.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 18:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Not a lot different here in Northern Ontario which is a land mass about the size of the Texas with only 200,000 people. There are only two Packards that I am aware of, mine, and a '29 626 Coupe in Thunder Bay city. There is a parts '29 and a 1950 Eight sedan both about a 4 hour drive away. There is one '34 Rolls 25/30 also. Lonely here also.

Posted on: 2009/1/17 19:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved