Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

22nd-23rd Series Book
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Robert J. Neal
See User information
As many of you must know, I have finished my last book project, History of the Liberty Engine (Available at Specialty Press at Specialtypress.com), and have started research on my next, which will be a history of the 22nd-23rd Series Packards. I have not decided on a specific title as yet.

Currently I am looking for a copy of the Packard Parts and Accessories Bulletin No. 49P-14 dated June 21, 1949. A good 300 dpi scan of it will do fine, or just a scan of the illustration as I have a Xerox of it.

There is much to be learned but I will not make any big lists here as yet. However, I will be glad to hear from anyone who believes they have an unusual bit of not commonly known information about these cars.

I welcome serial information on re-numbers cars. With enough of them maybe we can figure out Packard's method in this regard, if they indeed had one.

I am particularly interested in information of custom cars of these years. There were several by Derham and I may have missed one, so let me know if you have information on any.

I am just getting into gear as last year was a bad one at my house. I lost my wife to cancer during the summer and had a bypass over the Christmas holidays. Hopefully things will be better this year.

Robert Neal

Posted on: 2009/1/18 21:07
Currently researching 1951 Packards, particularly convertibles and Mayfairs, but anything interesting. Own a 1950 Custom 8 sedan and a 1954 Cavalier, both are restored.
 Top  Print   

Re: 22nd-23rd Series Book
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Robert: I am very sorry to hear that you lost your wife to cancer and the health problem you have also had. I truly hope that this New Year holds good things for you.

You may not remember me however, a couple of years ago I had some contact with you via mail concerning the article you did for PAC on the inline 12 article you wrote. You were so kind to send me an advanced copy of the article before it was published. The photo you sent me of the inline 12 still hangs on my wall today.

Again I want to Thank You for your kindness that you showed me at that time.

John F. Shireman

Jersey Shore, Penna.

Posted on: 2009/1/21 19:19
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hi Robert: We exchanged several emails before Christmas and prior, including data on at least one renumbered car. PAC has agreed to publish my study of the "thief-proof" numbers in The Packard Cormorant, perhaps in a year. I can offer you the raw data from that work that I have on the 22nd/23rd series cars. All have body serial numbers, many have VNs, some have Briggs and engine numbers. You should already have my email from our prior correspondence.

Glad you're on the road to recovery after your surgery.

Dave Czirr
Cresskill, NJ

Posted on: 2009/1/21 20:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

africapackard
See User information
Hi Robert
Sorry to hear about your wife as well as your own health problems. Hope this year will bring a lot of joy to you!

I have a 1950 standard eight, believed to be the only one still driveable in South Africa and for that matter probably the whole of Africa! I have a few good friends here that would be willing to contribute their serial numbers of 22nd series cars. This might be interesting as they are all right hand drive models. I might know of a 48 convertible as well. Not sure if it is right hand drive. I know of only 3 22nd series 7 passenger limousines in South Africa, one is a total wreck, the other 2 is perfectly restored. They seems to have belonged to the government in the late 40,s. Various ministers drove them.

Let me know if this info might be of use and I will dig deeper.

Yours
Barrie

Posted on: 2009/1/22 7:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Bob, I really doubt there is anything in them that you don't already know, but you might want to review two older threads on this site, Monte Carlo and Postwar Coachbuilt Packards where there was some discussion of the topics you wanted for your book.

And again, if you want to review my database of 48-50 thief-proof numbers, vehicle numbers and Briggs numbers, just let me know.

Posted on: 2009/1/23 10:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Off Topic: Just trying out my new computer and making my first post.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/1/23 16:21
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Robert, I have a "Selling Fundamentals" ringbinder from 1948 that is a part of the Packard Master Salesmanship Program series. 90% of the book is dedicated to the art of salesmanship. The techniques would work for selling refrigerators, life insurance, or houses. I could send you the sections that were specific to the '48 Packard if it would be helpful. Let me know.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 8:59
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Robert J. Neal
See User information
Hello all,
I posted a rather long comment on the latest status of my book project yesterday 5,8,09 and when I came back today to see if there were any comments my yesterday's entry was nowhere to be found. Is there a secrete to getting posts to work/

I try again. Thanks to all for their expressions of sympathy for my loss. I have recovered well from bypass and back surgery and plan to be at the PAC national meet in Branson in June.

I just purchased a 1950 Custom 8 sedan to keep the 1954 Cavalier company. Besides, even though I have owned several 22nd-23rd Series cars in the past I currently did not have one and if you are going to write a book on them I guess you should own one.

Before I put more time into this note I am going to post this and see if it also goes down the tube. Then I will return and add more information.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 17:10
Currently researching 1951 Packards, particularly convertibles and Mayfairs, but anything interesting. Own a 1950 Custom 8 sedan and a 1954 Cavalier, both are restored.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Your short ones work fine but one thing is you mentioned a long post. If composition is lengthy and the session times out while you're writing, post is usually lost with no warning so maybe that's what happened.

One way around that is get in the habit of selecting all and copy of any lengthy posts before hitting submit. That way, if lost, you just log in again and paste your post in a new window and submit again.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 18:28
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Robert J. Neal
See User information
Thanks, I bet that is what happened. I followed the above post with another long one and - you guessed it - it dissapeared after some 30 minutes work. I said several very bad words following that.

Posted on: 2009/5/9 18:34
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved