Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
33 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 33

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: car hauling services
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Recommend dealing directly with a carrier, not one of the many brokers out there. Reliable, Intercity, FedEx are some of the better national carriers. A private carrier can be good too, but use only based on recommendations. An enclosed transporter is much safer than an open trailer, especially this time of year. An enclosed one costs more but in my opinion is well worth it to ensure car will be protected.

Posted on: 2023/3/20 12:06
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I used Passport Transport. They advertise in Packard magazines. Picked up my car at home in Oregon, the same driver delivered my car in Maryland the day after I arrived there myself. $2400. Prob higher now than in 2020. My car never left its position in that van. My problem with uShip was passing my car from one truck and truck driver to another.

Attach file:

jpeg  C75B3369-7274-4938-A6FF-6E445D6771E7.jpeg (278.30 KB)
1067_6418aa4b5f924.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2023/3/20 13:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Joe Santana wrote:
I used Passport Transport. They advertise in Packard magazines. Picked up my car at home in Oregon, the same driver delivered my car in Maryland the day after I arrived there myself. $2400. Prob higher now than in 2020. My car never left its position in that van. My problem with uShip was passing my car from one truck and truck driver to another.

Joe, forgot to mention Passport. Thanks for posting your experience. Better to pay a little more and have a safe and secure transporter.

Posted on: 2023/3/21 12:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved