Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
70 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 69

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Noller Bros Photo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
... kudos for a wonderful and in my mind entertaining essay!

Bob (rblum), my sentiments exactly. Unfortunately I read this in the morning. In the evening a glass of old Scotch would have been appropriate to the occassion.
To combine a tractor and a car dealership might be due to the sheer size of -> Fairfield, IA. In 1950 its population was 7,299 according to Wikipedia.

Quote:
...First is that they are an International Harvester dealer and they have one of the standardized IH buildings that were designed by Raymond Lowey iirc...

Ross, when it comes to architecture, Fairfield seems to have something to offer. Again Wikipedia: "Early architecture includes work by George Franklin Barber and Barry Byrne, who trained under Frank Lloyd Wright." -> This way, please, to delve into the subject Raymond Loewy & International Harvester.

Quote:
...Consider that Packard was the only automaker still selling a restyled 1941 car through the 1950 model year...

Steve (58L8134), such words are a sure sign that you forget to take the recommended daily dose of the Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung.

Attach file:

jpg  (27.32 KB)
757_5c7f85c668d92.jpg 500X328 px

Posted on: 2019/3/6 3:00
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rblum
See User information
Gusha, having some old scotch and talking about Packard cars is fine any time of day!

Posted on: 2019/3/6 13:49
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

shore72
See User information
I was thinking about this and it occurred to me that, in rural areas such as where I live, if you have money it most likely is related to agriculture. That was especially true in the era when Packard was in business; their customer's would have been big-time farmers (1,000+ acres back then, I'd guess), owners of canneries or pickle factories, feed/seed/fertilizer company owners...even a bank president would have to be very well connected to ag.

Posted on: 2019/3/8 23:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved