Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 129

Ross, Duncan Michael, curpack, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Grand Salon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Click to see original Image in a new window

I found this website from a Southern California Region Packards International, from their October 19 2008 event. The award photos are great!

http://packardgrandsalon.com/awards/index.html

Posted on: 2009/1/24 1:35
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Grand Salon
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Very nice pictures. I really enjoyed seeing them. I noticed the winner of Post War, Most Elegant (seventh picture), a 1948 Custom Limousine seems to have both 22nd and 23rd series side trim. I just thought this looked a little odd.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 2:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, that side trim is definately incorrect, being both 22nd and 23rd series as you say. I note the bumper however is early to mid-22nd series. Chromed headlight rims indicate it's not an early car though they may not be as original.

The 41 limousine is a rare one indeed, a LeBaron version; the 36 phaeton is another rare one, last year for the factory-body phaeton.

Nice cars, every one. Thanks for posting the link.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 9:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I saw a similar trim treatment on a 47 Henney Custom Super Clipper where the 23nd series side trim was attached to the doors. Wish I had saved a photo.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 11:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Wonder if the Custom limo was also a custom car from one of the well known builders. Didn't Henney build most if not all limos? It almost had to be built that way and documented. PI is pretty firm about authenticity in their judging.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 12:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Briggs built the limo and 7 passenger sedans.
Henney built the hearse, ambulance and other specialty cars.

I have seen several of the 22nd series Henney cars with both 22nd and 23rd series trim. I'm not sure why. One of which is a flower car.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 12:23
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Side by side pictures of the standard 41/42 factory offered limo and 7 pass sedan by Briggs alongside the LeBaron versions would show the very significant differences between the two, especially in door framing, roofline, and interior. I believe there are pictures of both in Turnquists book. Briggs owned the LeBaron nameplate at that point.

Posted on: 2009/1/24 14:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved