Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 217

Pack120c, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Standard speaker location for 1937 115c
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

JRPackard37
See User information
Hello all,

I was going to add a standard radio that is correct for a 1937 115c, the control head is easy to add in but the speaker that contains the tubes and speaker is a little bigger, I am assuming that is would go right under the glove box is that correct? I have seen that as the location for the deluxe speaker location, but have not been able to locate a picture of the standard speaker/tube unit.

Thanks

James

Posted on: 2019/4/21 22:18
 Top  Print   

Re: Standard speaker location for 1937 115c
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is a factory defroster install page that happens to show the radio mounted in what I would assume would be the preferred factory places. Since radios were also dealer installed I am sure there was some variation then just like there was in postwar accessories where some mechanics seemed to take liberties with factory suggested locations.

If yours is a one piece unit you would probably be correct in mounting it in either place if it will fit but I would almost think Packard would have standardized the box. Looking at the photo of the one piece it appears all the connections are on the right hand side of the box which would make it easy to connect to the head piece in the center of the dash. If the box is on the right under the glove box will the control cables reach and plug into the right side of the box?

On some cars there were depressed indications on the firewall where bolts and openings were supposed to go for heaters. Does either place have hole locations marked that might fit bolts for a radio box.

Attach file:

jpg  (387.93 KB)
209_5cbd3948db0f5.jpg 1200X1553 px

Posted on: 2019/4/21 22:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved