Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Packards International 2009 Membership Meet Report
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Friday Miday Report:

Arrived here this mrning bright and early at the hotel and was greated by Mike Grimes (mlgrimes) as soon as I walked in the door. Got all checked into my room, and off to a nice breakfast with Mike, who is a great guy and owns 5 different Packards.

So we got all registered and sat down for the first seminar this morning that covered the PI's judging procedures and they also opened the floor to discuss the their proposed Chassis Judging guide. At the end of this seminar the PI speaker let everyone know about the Pinfo.com website, and I answered some question for folks and passed out cards with the website info. So thanks to PI for giving the website an announcement.

Also during the seminar I meet Russ (and later Joanne and Daniel) from OZ, and also James (Packard38) from Calgary. All the nicest people. I believe more PInfo folks are due in later tonight and in the morning.

Most of the cars are either in transit, or on trailers until the show in the morning. But I did snap a few picks of a nice 48 Limo, a 54 Cavalier, and 3 different V-12 Packards. Those pictures will post shortly.

Then off to a quick lunch with Mike, Russ, Joanne, and Daniel.

In the afternoon session, they had a gentlemen from Mother's polish doing a demo of the various Mother's products on the V-12s that's were staged in the room. Pretty neat stuff. He also said that all the attendees were going to get a care-package from Mothers.

During a break a gentlemen overheard me mention I had a '54 and asked if I would be interested in a few parts. So for $105 I got a working '54 Wonder-bar radio with extra tubes, 2 spare fuel-pump cores, 2 water-pump cores, and "mystery box" of misc parts, and a box of misc Packard literature and magazines. Nothing like a little pre-swapmeet shopping! the Wonder-bar will make a nice upgrade to the Clipper.

More reports to follow....

Posted on: 2009/1/30 19:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards International 2009 Membership Meet Report
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Today's Pics posted in the Unidentified Category. Most cars will show up tomorrow, so more to come. Enjoy.

-Your On Scene Reporter.

Posted on: 2009/1/30 19:08
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Thanks for the updates, Kevin, keep 'em coming!

Can you get a couple more pictures of this green on green mid-50's Packard - that's the original colors of mine and I want to use them as reference - thanks!

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2009/1/30 19:32
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Kev,

Glad to hear PInfo got such good PR, maybe even a blessing from the leaders there.

Enjoy your time at PI mtg.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/1/30 21:09
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i need to get on board with this PI stuff, i feel like i am being left behind...

Posted on: 2009/1/30 21:31
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Concours today was very nice. Prefect weather in the upper 70's. There was a very nice cross-segment of Packards represented. Everything between 1926-1956. The were many Customs, V-12s and Darrin's at the show. The majority of the cars were from the 30's and 40's. Some of the 20's cars are very nice original survivors. I don't have the exact total of cars present, but there was probably close to 75 if not more. I just uploaded 129 additional photos for everyone to enjoy. For the Post-War clan, there were 53, 54, & 56 Caribbeans represented. Some Custom and Super 8's. A 1951 Derham, Mayfair, Panama, and just lots of other great cars.

Also, if you remember last week a few of us were discussing a '53 Cavalier out of Minn. that had some type of old aftermarket A/C setup on the engine. Well that car was actaully here. It guess it was sold to a gentleman here in Calif in the last year or so. So I took several pictures of the A/C bracketry setup on that car from different angles.

All and all, a very nice turnout. Hopefully the swap-meet gods are in my favor tomorrow!

Also meet Jim Wagnon (38Super8) and David Flack (Flackmaster) today at the Concourse. Very nice guys, and I am always glad to finally be able to meet folks here on the website in person. Once Chuck (Boro) arrives from AZ tomorrow, then I will try to get everyone together for a Pinfo group picture.

Here is a picture of a Carib to leave you with.

Attach file:

jpg  (161.41 KB)
1_4984f6ac997f8.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (106.96 KB)
1_4984f6d01bb5d.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2009/1/31 20:06
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Great pic's Kev, keep 'em coming!

Your pic's, reproduced below, of a RHD 1926 Touring car interest me. Do you know where this car came from?

Attach file:

jpg  (197.34 KB)
226_498506eccef0d.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (124.96 KB)
226_4985075832f48.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/1/31 21:22
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BIGKEV: Thanks for psoting the pictures for the PI meet. I like the picture of the 53 Carribbean. Of the four years that the Carribbean was made I still think the 53 is the best looking of the bunch.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/1/31 21:33
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mal,

I am not sure what the history is the on that RHD '26. But I will see if I can track it down. The car appears to be an original survior.

I spoke to another gentleman today who has a 35 or 37 RHD Short Wheel base limo that was ordered and delivered to the Japanese royal family before the war, and came back to the U.S. in the early 60's. It is currently under restoration. It is neat to hear some of the history of these cars.

John,

I too like the '53 Caribs. I also like the '56 Caribs. Which BTW took best of show Post War at the Concours today.

Posted on: 2009/2/1 1:35
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Kevin-

Thanks for the excellent selection of photographs, and for the detail pictures of the 54 Cavalier green on green; they will help immensely when I'm choosing colors.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=3384

Posted on: 2009/2/1 12:34
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved