Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
39 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 38

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

AACA Forums?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Anyone had anyluck getting back into the AACA forums? Looks like they are still working on it.

Posted on: 2007/6/10 18:30
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: AACA Forums?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
You luck here

Posted on: 2007/6/10 19:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
A week or so ago, I saw that AACA Forum was supposed to be down for maintenance or upgrade June 1-7, but it was still up and running last weekend. This weekend, it not only seems to be completely inaccessible, but any links that turn up in search engines come up as dead ends.

Yet, even before this latest upgrade, I noticed that the Misc Chat section seems to be gone. What's up with that?

After all the mess they caused over the past year, what with too many changes and too much moderation in the Packard Forum (especially deleting too many posts), I can say that I don't feel too sorry if they're having trouble. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of further "sanitizing" was involved.

Posted on: 2007/6/10 21:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Beats me, I don't go there anymore. I've found that there's nothing that interests me over there. I actually don't miss the place at all, just the Packard members that aren't here.

Posted on: 2007/6/10 22:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Has anyone tried to access the AACA forum thru a DIFFERENT computer never before used for AACA access??????
I'm wondering if maybe the AACA is sending a decoy screen to circumvent the M5 based on IP address ????

Posted on: 2007/6/11 13:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Forum appears operational although he says there is more work to be done. I had to delete the old bookmark, come in thru the main forum page, reselect Packard and log back in. Seems to work as of 3PM PDT.

Posted on: 2007/6/11 16:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Eric: I know why the AACA forum was down for such along period of time. Maybe Peter Gariepy purchased too much product from Mr.Beer and then drank too much of it, then deciced it was time to go to a new server while under influence. Then PJH decided to help after having a few to many, and he then deleted every thing.

I think it is pretty sad when Peter Gariepy the so-clled web mechanic for the AACA, uses a non profit forum to try and put money in own pocket.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2007/6/11 19:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
WIll someone else try to access the 55-56 Xref at the AACA Packard DF. Click on the 2nd pinned topic then click on the 55-56 xref link there. Won't let me get to it.

Posted on: 2007/6/12 21:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Comes back as "Page not found" at 7:45 PM PDT but other threads work.

Posted on: 2007/6/12 21:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I just tried it - same result.

Posted on: 2007/6/12 21:50
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved