Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
250 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 248

Jack Vines, Spencer B., more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

I see a bad moon risin'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Every night, after 2am, I put on my tinfoil hat and surf the web. Tonight I found this. Can anyone in these states confirm this???

9 states declare their independence

You never see any of this on the news, it's pretty much "Move along people, nothing to see here!" kind of stance.

To me, this:

"That the several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their General Government; but that, by a compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they constituted a General Government for special purposes, -- delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force; that to this compact each State acceded as a State, and is an integral party, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party: that the government created by this compact was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself; since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress; and

That the Constitution of the United States, having delegated to Congress a power to punish treason, counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States, piracies, and felonies committed on the high seas, and offences against the law of nations, slavery, and no other crimes whatsoever; and it being true as a general principle, and one of the amendments to the Constitution having also declared, that "the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people," therefore all acts of Congress which assume to create, define, or punish crimes, other than those so enumerated in the Constitution are altogether void, and of no force; and that the power to create, define, and punish such other crimes is reserved, and, of right, appertains solely and exclusively to the respective States, each within its own territory;"

Is basically a big
Click to see original Image in a new window

to the Federal government! Civil War II here we come!!

Posted on: 2009/2/6 3:15
 Top  Print   

Re: I see a bad moon risin'
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
To keep this Packard related, There was a Lieut. Col. Jasper Packard who served in the 128th Regiment Indiana fighting to keep the Union whole.

There has always been a small movement in Oregon to drop out of the union. They call it "nation of Pacifica" that would include WA,OR,CA,AK,BC,ID, & other North Western states.

http://www.nationofpacifica.com/

Attach file:

jpg  (7.47 KB)
633_498c63dac7e1a.jpg 227X377 px

Posted on: 2009/2/6 11:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Although I did not keep looking after I noticed a pattern, I don't see where any of these bills have been enacted into law by the states' respective legislatures. That's the BIG step. The rest is just crud that quietly gets ignored on the premise that the sponsors are wackos.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 11:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
one big thing that would make a lot of states (government wise, at least) dis interested in seperating, is the federal aid money they get for things like highways and schools.

Im not against the idea though. the feds arnt exactly doing a stellar job of running things.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 15:57
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jay Faubion
See User information
OK, I'll go out on a limb here.

Not only is it OK for states to secede from the union, it is even the right thing to do at this point.

It was only the force of arms by the federal government that took that "right" from the southern states. Read the first fifty-six words of the Declaration of Independence for all the clarification you will ever need. Government exists only by the consent of the governed.

And no... I'm not from where you think. I was raised in Massachusetts!

Posted on: 2009/2/6 16:42
Jay Faubion
Ask me, I've got one!
Visit JaysPackard.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Why do they call it the "Patriot Network"?? Shouldn't it be the Expatriate Network? What's Patriotic about seceding? Isn't patriotism about sticking around and trying to fix the thing?

Anyway, I'd like to see them try to set up trade agreements, get international recognition, or even be able to support themselves on their own tax base. Oh yes, if you don't like high taxes, I wouldn't go this route. But if you don't like an orderly society with police and fire protection, a standing army, and a national currency that allows freedom of movement across the largest span of real estate in the world, then by all means it's the right thing to do.

For the rest of the country, we'll just have to can those plans to motor West--in a Packard or anything else (in keeping with the Packard theme, here). I mean, who's going to organize this confederacy? Survivalists from Idaho? Or just the loudest talker amongst the windbags who think these things up?

Don't worry, if the national government of the United States became a totalitarian dictatorship, which is what the constitution is guarding against, there would be a Nationwide uprising. Let's hope it never comes to that, like it almost did over the past 7 years.

That's all I'm sayin' about that.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 18:37
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Well, I have to take back my original post. I have followed this states' rights movement very closely since then, and I am all for it.

These resolutions have already passed in several states, and the number continues to grow. I am helping in that regard.

I was only cynical from the beginning because I thought they'd never go anywhere. They are definitely going somewhere, and a shift in most government to the state level is the cure for the plague Washington has put on us.

I want to keep Washington out of my Packard! There! I said, "Packard."

Posted on: 2009/5/1 22:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Actually the federal govt has ignored the 10th amendment for years and slowly usurped the power of the states. If you want to read when big govt started to take over, try "Lincoln unmasked". And thanks Kev for letting this political thread find its own end.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 0:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
Good reading, that, Randy and well worth perusing for the, "unitiated," whose only source of information tends toward the 30-second, "sound bytes," perpetrated upon us by our government, both major political parties and the all but functionally illiterate, "mavens," in the drive-by news media. Many of our problems today have their basis in events long past and require more knowledge to evaluate and interpret than is readily available or conveniently found.

Unfortunately knowledge of history and painstaking research appear to be neither the general public's nor our elected representatives' strong point.

Posted on: 2009/5/3 12:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In response to a couple of posts above, has anyone done a study of where the tax base does come from--which regions or states are givers and which takers. I believe the Western states think they are all givers--at least Calif does--so would be interesting to see if Pacifica would make it alone or be applying to the World Bank in a year or two. Am sure there are studies that would prove or disprove.

Calif also has a movement now and again to split the state into two or three--seems like that one comes up every time Sacramento passes something one group or another likes or dislikes--or we'll say in just about every session lately.

As to either one happening, if the fortune tellers are right and we fall off into the ocean in 3 1/2 years, will be a moot point. Otherwise, don't hold your breath.

Posted on: 2009/5/3 12:26
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved