Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Ultramatic Disassembly - Band Struts
Home away from home
Home away from home

kunzea
See User information
What is the band strut hold-down fixture PU-308 and how is it attached? Does the lever come out with the control body? Why would the struts fall out? Please see attached image.

Attach file:

gif  (61.86 KB)
85709_5ddb2cffe3f9e.gif 1599X1233 px

Posted on: 2019/11/24 20:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Ultramatic Disassembly - Band Struts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The band struts on the 49-54 trans are not attached to the bands and are held in place by residual tension in the bands holding them against the adjusters and the levers.

If you remove the valve body with the trans still in the car the struts will fall out and be a royal pain to get back in place. Don't know what the real tool looks like but I have made little tabs of metal that attach to the pan bolt holes and hold the the levers up till the valve body is replaced.

Posted on: 2019/11/24 21:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Ultramatic Disassembly - Band Struts
Home away from home
Home away from home

kunzea
See User information
I have the transmission out and upside down on supports. I took out one of the pistons and the lever is visible directly under the piston opening. I can depress the lever with my finger. If the lever doesn't come out with the control body I don't think the lever or the struts will go anywhere if I lift out the control body.

Posted on: 2019/11/24 21:20
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved