Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 98

acolds, John Sauser, BlackBeerd, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

The Best Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning to all...I was out to breakfast last Wednesday with about 10 of us who live in the same development. We go together each Wednesday. I happened to be driving Miss Prudence and one of the group asked when Packard made their best cars. I answered that I did not know, but I knew where to ask the question. Is there such a thing as the 'Best Packard' or year for the BEST PACKARDS? Thanks, Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2019/12/12 10:48
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Re: The Best Packards
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...I guess the answer must be 'God Bless Them, All'...the long and the short and the tall, the shiny, the dull, the old and the older...even 'Miss Prudence' who is shaped like my 5th grade teacher, Miss Lois Honneywell! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2019/12/15 10:55
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
It's a target rich environment and the fire control radar is searching. Okay, I'll venture in. I think Packard was at the top of its game with the 1940 models from the Sixes to the 180s. The introduction of the big 356 engine was one of the major achievements if not the major achievement.

Posted on: 2019/12/15 13:26
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I'm not disagreeing with JW, but when I look at the competition closing in on Packard I almost feel like they were getting a little desperate to force it. I think the early 30's are much more superior compared to their competitors.

Posted on: 2019/12/15 15:09
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The Packard Twin Six of 1916 is the reason anybody even remembers Packard. Nothing overshadowed that achievement until the J Duesenberg. When I was a kid the old timers were still talking about how far above the competition that Twin Six was.

Posted on: 2019/12/15 19:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
I would suggest the late 30's. The senior cars were of Rolls Royce quality and were hand assembled and customized to anything the customer wanted. The 12 cylinder cars are especially treasured these days.

Posted on: 2019/12/16 10:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I'd have to say 1899 to 1956....was their best cars.

Posted on: 2019/12/16 13:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I'll say, the best are the ones that you can drive.

I like driving them the best, but I also have enjoyed riding with other Packard owners.

Posted on: 2019/12/16 14:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Context is everything, somewhat of a too broad subject, depends on the metrics being applied. Certainly, their pre-war models are among the best in a field of some extremely good cars.

On a personal preference 'best', the custom coach-built from the mid-'20's through the '39 Twelve come to mind. But that shouldn't exclude any of the factory-bodied cars of the same years.

No one should dismiss their postwar models either.

Steve

Posted on: 2019/12/16 16:32
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
My vote would be for Sr cars approx 1930-1941. So says the man who's never owned one, but surely wishes he had.

Posted on: 2019/12/16 17:45
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved