Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1954 Packard after market a/c
Just popping in
Just popping in

Paul R. White
See User information
I have a 1954 Packard Cavalier, still 6 volt electric, with a dealer installed after-market FrigiKar a/c/ unite. I have been told that the switch panel (located under the radio speaker on the bottom of the dash) is defective and needs to be rebuilt. Can anyone provide information of a possible replacement for this control panel, or direct me to someone who can rebuild the unit I have? It has one push-pull switch and several toggle switches, the latter of which I don't think are original. Also helpful would be a photograph of the control panel originally installed with these units. Thanks.

Posted on: 2020/1/2 16:16
 Top  Print 

Re: 1954 Packard after market a/c
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here are a couple of photos of Frigikar control switch assys. One is from an ebay offering and I don't remember where the other came from. It might have been posted to the forum by one of the members.

Frigikar appears to have had more than one version of the control assy and I don't have any diagrams. Doubt they are very complicated though but need to know more about the system to guess exactly what is controlled and how each version would interconnect.

If they are simple on/off toggle switches it should be an easy find as modern replacements can be found that look very similar and there are modern push pull or rotary switches that can probably be made to work with the knobs -- although they might need work to accept the original knobs. If the version with the single push pull knob is not electrical but rather the knob operates a mechanical cable to work a lever on a refrigerant bypass valve as was used in some units of the era then that might be more of an issue if it needs to be repaired or replaced.

Attach file:

jpg  (263.20 KB)
209_5e0e6e3aac28a.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (25.78 KB)
209_5e0e6e46b284e.jpg 448X336 px

Posted on: 2020/1/2 17:27
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved