Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 237

curpack, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Flex fan/Clutch/ Electric fan retrofit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Yes, i have an aftermarket flex fan on my 56 Executive with Packard V8 engine. Had to enlarge the ID of the adapter/spacer on a lathe to fit the water pump.

Packard offered a 6 blade fan for AC equiped cars in 55/56. Not easy to find one. Watch eBay or contact some of the vendors.
Try Packards1@aol.com or Lordladymopak@webtv.net or mike dulinski in minisoooota or others.

Personaly, i'd rather have a fan shroud.

Let us know what u do about the fan.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 17:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Re: Flex fan/Clutch/ Electric fan retrofit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
If you are looking to add an electric fan to your car for parade use, traffic and slow going here is a tip. Pontiac mini vans have an electric fan mounted IN FRONT of the rad. This is the only American car so equipped, so far as I know. All the others I have seen are behind the rad.

This means, you can buy a Pontiac fan at a wrecking yard for a few $$$ bucks and add it to your car without disturbing the stock fan arrangement.

German imports also have a fan in front of the rad, used to supplement an engine driven fan. BMW and Mercedes have nice ones. I live in a cold climate so all the ones I find in wrecking yards are seized up from lack of use but you may be lucky and find a good one.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 21:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved