Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
108 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1939 Six interior options
Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
After tackling the engine and frame restoration this winter, interior, starting with carpeting then door panels, kick panels and then the seats

Research thus far indicates the only interior color for the 39 Juniors was tan, in either a tan pinstripe wool broadcloth or a tan Bedford cord fabric. I have requested samples from Kanter and SMS. Car color is Packard Ivory

Carpeting, unable to find any information on colors and type.

Anyone have info on this or where I can find it?

Posted on: 2020/2/9 15:40
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 Six interior options
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Wondering why you're not contacting Hirsch, they probably have a more extensive inventory of broadcloth wools and Bedford cord than the others. And a good selection of hogshair carpet materials.

Posted on: 2020/2/9 15:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
you may choose to carpet, but were the front floors carpet or rubber mat on a Six? Agree with the suggestion to call Hirsch

Posted on: 2020/2/9 16:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi John,

The upholstery had been redone in my car when I bought it, along with carpet, headliner and door panels, etc. I am no authority on how authentic or period-correct the material is, other than to say it LOOKS pretty good to me. Others may chime in with critiques and comments on incorrectness, but it is what it is, and I have attached a couple of pics for you to have a look at and see if there is anything worthwhile to glean. One thing I do remember is seeing carpet packages SOMEWHERE online specifically for this car and I believe the one that is in my car is one of them. (albeit a little dirty/sorry) I purchased 4 rubber 'Packard' floor mats and keep them in place all the time to try and prolong wear, tear and soilage on the carpet. As a daily driver, it is a bit of a chore keeping up with the vacuuming and waxing of the mats!! LOL Hope this is of some use. Chris.

Attach file:

jpg  (209.79 KB)
121627_5e408df42c488.jpg 1632X1224 px

jpg  (200.96 KB)
121627_5e408e05d27cd.jpg 1632X1224 px

jpg  (158.29 KB)
121627_5e408e1b7b675.jpg 1632X1224 px

jpg  (325.07 KB)
121627_5e408e3483ff2.jpg 1632X1224 px

Posted on: 2020/2/9 17:57
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
IIRC, carpet only in the rear seat floor, rubber mat up front.

Posted on: 2020/2/9 18:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
I've heard of that, Dave (rubber matting in front/carpet in back) and yet in researching all kinds of interior pics, have never been able to find a junior car detailed like that. It would almost seem like it was more the 'divided' cars that would be chauffeur driven that split the carpet/mat. Possible?? Maybe someone has pictures of original brochures that show it and could post to answer the question. Even so, carpet with mats over top certainly seems the more comfortable and pleasant-looking option to go with, irrespective of what they originally came with. (there I go, showing my not-so-purist side again!!) Chris.

Posted on: 2020/2/9 18:18
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The 1938 Eight sedan (a/k/a 120) had a rubber mat in front. The 1940 and 1941 junior models had rubber mat in front in the closed cars. I'd be surprised if 1939 was different than those before and after.

Posted on: 2020/2/9 18:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
Thanks all
I seemed to rec all reading somewhere carpet in back only, mats in front. I will not be showing this in any shows for originality and prefer to keep it looking nice all around so will carpet entire car

Have inquiry for carpet kit to Kanter. Was holding off on Hirsch as his website right away asks for what type of carpet and I'm clueless on that

Posted on: 2020/2/9 18:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jwblazek
See User information
Looks great Chris! Is that vinyl/leather on the rear arm rests?

-john

Posted on: 2020/2/9 18:32
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Page 93 of the 1939 Data Book indicates rubber mat in the front, carpet in rear, for both the junior models.

Posted on: 2020/2/9 18:38
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved