Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
To break out and get some country air, the Duchess went topless with son Joey's Garmin VIRB 360 camera mounted at top center of the windshield.

While you're watching this video, you can put your mouse on the image and turn it around so you can see the sky above, the inside of the car, the road behind, the fields on either side, or what's ahead.

https://youtu.be/N8nl-iq-KxM

Have a blast, but keep your social distance.

Posted on: 2020/4/11 23:47
 Top  Print 

Re: Packard Trips - Sad Ones
Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
I loved Joe's video. You can almost smell the fresh air!

So here we are in self isolation. Police waiting outside to ticket us for $1000+ if we venture out and can't convince them that it's an essential journey.

What to do? Take a virtual trip!

Get in the car. Start 'er up. Lights on and hands on the wheel.

Savour the purr of the Packard engine. The comfort of the seat. Then imagine rolling through the countryside with the windows down and the overpowering smell of fresh air.

Tragic, eh? Well it's better than staring blankly at the TV or a computer screen. And something to look forward to when this is all over.

A technique perhaps previously practiced in northern garages in the clutches of winter...

Brian

Attach file:

jpeg  (187.25 KB)
191498_5e92cb6ca394b.jpeg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/4/12 3:04
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Yikes Brian, you said a mouthful there!!!! The thousand dollar fines are apparently being handed out here and yet they say one in four are still not observing personal distancing! My car can come out of the garage now and I intend to put plates on her May 1st, REGARDLESS of the current situation. There are enough deserted rural roads around here, I'm sure I can 'give her a whirl'!! I do have to admit though, that through the long winter months, I made regular 'visits' to the car; if I was BBQing outside, I'd wander over in between flips and check on the old girl. Amazing really, the relationship a guy can have with an inanimate object like a car, but I never tire of leaning on the workbench with a mint julep in hand and viewing the pleasing lines of that old '39. Don't make 'em like that anymore..... Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/12 12:23
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The best trip I've taken in Best Other was driving from Pgh. to Detroit to visit a good friend. He was surprised I drove the Packard up and we stashed it at night in his son's garage.
Made the trip back to Pgh. without incident.

Posted on: 2020/4/12 15:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Joe, great post; that 360+ degree camera is really something!! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/12 17:29
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Yes, those's 360 degree cameras are assume, I can't wait to try this with my VR headset, I'll probably feel like I'm in the seat or on the dash right next to you. (Ha-Ha)
Wes

Posted on: 2020/4/13 11:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
Joe, I don't know why but I couldn't get it to play in my VR headset. Here I was all ready to go for a ride with you and nothing. Half the time I couldn't find the file and when I did find it said it couldn't play it. but besides that plays fine on the computer. Guess I'll give it a few more tries.
But thanks for posting.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/4/13 20:02
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...Miss Prudence went to ACE yesterday so that I could order a couple of gallons of Henry's Roof Paint for the annual coating of the observation deck on the house. She received two separate thumbs up and one verbal WOW!

While I was running down 124th street, a few days ago, again in Miss Prudence, David Packard passed in front of us on Via Linda, in his Model A Ford...We may be practicing social distancing, but it does not stop us from driving our old machines! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/4/14 10:06
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Wes, able to watch other Youtube VR movies?

Posted on: 2020/4/14 12:22
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
Ernie; that must have been Sunday morning. If I had spotted you I would have surely given you a rousing 'OOO-GAH' . . . and there's no doubt I would recognize you and the Packard. Seems these days Via Linda has become some kind of sports complex what with walkers with and without dogs, joggers, and, those that must be watched very carefully, the bicyclists. I remember stopping at a traffic light on Via Linda on that drive, it could have been 124th and two bicyclists stopped at the light. That amazed me because the peloton set do not normally stop at lights or stop signs. I did however keep my eye on them believing them to be a hazard even stopped. That may be the reason I didn't spot you. The Model A and a bicycle make a good green light 'drag racing' match-up. The Model A normally will get them on top end, but they can easily keep-up during the neck snapping acceleration phase.

After Joe's excellent 360 video, I'm reluctant to post any photos of my travels, but perhaps a grouping of the hood ornaments might have to do. As other members are just beginning the prime driving season those of us in the desert southwest are nearing the end of cool weather and will be hiding in the garage after 9AM. Cool would be anything under 100F . . . maybe a bit higher if there's shade. I'm looking forward of some good quality time lying on cardboard under a Packard this summer, maybe I can figure-out how to knock 10-20F degrees out of the '48's peak coolant temperature . . . other than moving north to the cooler weather.

In the meantime I'm avoiding social contact and only go to the food store once a week. Other than that I stay home and won't even go to the same ACE hardware store. When this is all over I'll have to take the 'twins' out for a breakfast run.

Joe, what camera did you use to shoot the 360 video?

dp

Posted on: 2020/4/14 13:01
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved