Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 107

r1lark, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Evening...Really nice, the car and the surroundings...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/12/3 20:35
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Beautiful Packard, Steve. Gorgeous light and colour in the photos too! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/12/4 2:05
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Last week, Maryland got a layer of snow that's still on the ground because of nights below freezing. WE may get another dusting by Christmas, but last Thursday the streets were clear, so my Sis and I took a drive to Potomac Village.

http://www.mktx.com/packard/12172020snowdrive.MOV

Posted on: 2020/12/22 9:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Thanks for posting the video. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a drive. Snow in Santa Fe does not last long. It melts away just as soon as the sun comes out. Take care and Happy Holidays.

Posted on: 2020/12/22 14:05
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon...I drove Miss Princess over to NAPA to pick up some brake pins for another old girl we are working on and she ran the 16 miles just as nice as you please. We saw one lady on a horse, riding English Saddle which sort of stands out in the south west! All Miss Princess asks is to be driven and she is happy...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2021/1/29 15:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...Friday was Miss Prudence's day to run errands. She went to the Boys and Girls club to pick up one of our granddaughters and then over to a local Pizza and Italian Restaurant. While I picked up our granddaughter, Dolores phoned in the Pizza Order...since they bring the Pizza out to the car...they ask 'What kind of car will you be driving'. Dolores said 49 Packard and the young lady on the phone said 'What the hell is that!. Miss Prudence is still upset...such disrespect! I told her that she needs to get out on the road even more often then she does now. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2021/2/28 11:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Day to everyone...Yesterday I had the chance to ride in and then drive a 1939 Packard 12! A really red letter day in my world!

This girl is huge and I was surprised how well she handled. She had plenty of power and moved along with no sound at all. She takes a little bit of extra work to steer at driveway speeds...on the road she was easy to guide along.

I was surprised...she sounded and felt more like our 1949 288 Deluxe than I would have thought she would.

I had the chance to drive her because her owner, for the last year, is also a member of our Model A Ford Club...in fact three of us who have Model A's also have Packards.

Her owner tends to hang out on Fridays in the same shop that I do and we help on the projects that are underway.

Our 49 is Nice...but the 39 Twelve is elegant beyond words...Just thought I'd share my good luck for the day...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2021/3/6 14:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
What a wonderful experience that must have been! Thank you so much for sharing it and maybe someday we can all be so lucky.

Posted on: 2021/3/6 14:26
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Ernie,
Wow, that must have been a treat! A while back a 'convoy' of a dozen or so old cars passed though our small town and about 7 of them were Packards. They all stopped for various reasons, and I said hello to as many as I could. A couple were 12's and I was struck by the same thing - how huge they were compared to my Six. The gentleman who owned one of them was topping up the radiator and when started, one could hardly hear it run. Before that I didn't really appreciate the difference between Junior and Senior cars, but getting up close and personal to that big 12 sure made an impression. Personally, they're a little out of my league, and my nimble little Six is more 'for me', but for someone with the deep pockets to play with those Senior cars, they sure are grand and elegant. Maybe someday I might get to drive one too!! LOL Chris.

Posted on: 2021/3/6 14:36
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Well, not a ride as yet but getting close. After a disappointing Covid-damped 2020 season with only about 130 miles driven in total, and after a uncommonly cold and snowy winter, the the winter weather is finally relaxing its grip - we've now had several near-60 degree days in a row, time to get the Packard out of mothballs.

With help from a friend I got the car cover removed and stored on Sunday and yesterday let the tire pressures back down to normal road pressures, checked the battery water and put the trickle charger on for about an hour until the rate dropped below 1 amp, and checked the fluids. Removed the mothballs from the interior and opened the windows to air it out, and removed the moisture barrier wrap I used on the gas tank filler, carburetor intake, and tail pipe.

Next, maybe tomorrow, get the wash bucket out and clean it up, and go for the first ride of the season. Looking more optimistic that the 2nd half of 2021 will see the return on many of our car events.

Posted on: 2021/3/23 8:23
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17) 18 19 20 ... 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved