Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
30 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 »

Re: Packard Trips
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just a short trip to a local car show in River Edge, NJ some weeks back. Next to me is friend Rob's 1953 Hudson Hornet (6D) with Twin H Power.

Attach file:

jpg  REdge Car Show 2021.jpg (374.72 KB)
177_6172dd9be00d0.jpg 1599X957 px

Posted on: 2021/10/22 10:49
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
53 Hornet is my favorite year and model. Your 29 Packard looks fantastic. I took my Caribbean to Cars & Coffee in Hilton Head this past Saturday.

Attach file:

png  Caribbean Cars & Coffee.png (885.90 KB)
251_6172ec7ebfd92.png 1072X730 px

Posted on: 2021/10/22 11:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
@kip56
That's an all original 1934 Packard not a 1929.

Posted on: 2021/10/22 14:00
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
Amazing car. Thank you for the correction.

Posted on: 2021/10/22 14:39
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks BDC, but it's not "all" original. The body tub is still original paint ut the fenders and a few other panels were repainted back in the 1970s. And some of the plating was redone about the same time. Bill Hirsch had a run of the Laidlaw pinstripe wool broadcloth made in Scotland in the 1980s and I bought enough to repair the front seat. Other than that it's a well-preserved survivor and I was so fortunate to buy it from the original owner. It was serviced by the the Packard-Brooklyn factory branch up until 2 years before I bought it.

Posted on: 2021/10/22 17:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
OD, you are way to modest. I have seen your 34 (while it was hibernating for the winter) and it is without a doubt the most original 34 out there, and it looks better than many of today's cars being 10 years old. You look at this car and you can tell that the owner (OD) is absolutely committed to preservation! You want to see the best preserved 1934 Packard? This is it!

Posted on: 2021/10/22 20:49
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Just a short note: With all the Covid concerns, I don't know how many Packards are still getting out on the road for exercise. Miss Prudence is still getting out once a week in Scottsdale, Arizona. She gets about 15 miles on the back roads and occasionally to the hardware store or for a haircut or breakfast...early in the morning most of the time. What about all of our members...how are your Packards...and you doing...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/1/16 11:16
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rscott77x
See User information
Waiting for my oil pump is keeping me off the road. But Max Merritt Auto has me covered. It's on the way! Then maybe I can go to the Hilton Head Island cars and coffee! I live in Beaufort.

Posted on: 2022/1/16 11:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kip56
See User information
I look forward to seeing your 47 at HHI Cars and Coffee this year. I was there this past Saturday but not in a Packard. Let me know when you plan to attend and I will park next to you. We will be the only Packard's in the lot!

Posted on: 2022/1/16 17:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hey Ernie,
Yes Covid seems to have put a bit of a damper on 'Packard trips'. Up in the Great White North, the snow is 'on the way down' and I for one, am looking forward to some miles in the '39, come spring. A couple of repairs and a new re-chromed front bumper this year are 'on the list' for the car, and it sounds like our local town car show is back-on this year after being suspended the last couple due to the pandemic. I might even 'show' the Packard in that. I'm not really that much into shows, but it would be, for sure, the only Packard in there, so might do it just to keep the 'name alive'!! LOL
Stay safe and happy motoring. Chris.

Posted on: 2022/1/17 19:43
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved