Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Cormorant ID
Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
Hello,

Can someone help me identify if this is an actual cormorant or a knock-off? To me, it looks like the later swept back wing versions rather than the one I need for my 49, but I'm not an expert on these. I'll take it if it's a legit Packard piece and not an aftermarket swan even if just to swap at a later time with someone who needs one. It's bunched with other obviously knock off pieces which is why I'm being careful.

Thanks!

Attach file:

jpg  (18.27 KB)
181869_5e7212dd2ee72.jpg 600X450 px

Posted on: 2020/3/18 7:24
 Top  Print 

Re: Cormorant ID
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Just by memory appears to be the same as the one that was on my 22nd series Custom Eight. You can check the parts book but I believe the 23rd series used the same one.

Posted on: 2020/3/18 9:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It appears to be the 1948-1951 style, not the 1952 with the swept-back wings but difficult to tell with them loose. Knockoffs rarely if ever had separate wings and when they did the two wings were one piece. Also, knockoffs never had bottom holes that mated to the original Packard base.

Posted on: 2020/3/18 10:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
I'm going to go for it, though it might take some time to get it pending how he wants to manage the actual sale vs outbreak risk. I'll report back about which variety it turned out to be!

Posted on: 2020/3/22 10:22
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved