Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 99

bertus cardinaal, westernshrouds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Wanted: 22nd Series Custom Eight Sedan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mechagon
See User information
Looking for a driver-quality #2/#3 condition Custom Eight "bathtub" sedan. Engine may be the original 356 or a 9 main bearing, hydraulic lifter engine from a later series. Overdrive, electromatic clutch, and dark paint colour such as black or navy are all desirable.

Attach file:

jpg  (52.74 KB)
209721_5eb4cc99f0bb4.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2020/5/7 22:03
Alberta - Canada
 Top  Print 

Re: Wanted: 22nd Series Custom Eight Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
There are 2 possibly 3 (one may have Custom chrome added, check the engine number) listed on this website:

www.classiccars.com

There is a engine number reference list on this website.

Good luck

Posted on: 2020/5/8 12:31
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Mechagon

Although this 22nd Series Custom Eight isn't what you are pursuing, you should be aware of this one in Montrose, CO.

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/d/montrose-1949-and-1950-packard-pair-for/7116654681.html

I'm familiar with the area since I attended Western State College in Gunnison in the 1970's, still have friends in that town and family in the Buena Vista area.

There was also another 22nd Series Custom Eight among a collection of older cars including a number of '50's Nash Airflytes at one time on CL near Alamosa. From the pictures, it was out in the San Luis Valley for sure.

Hope you find the Custom Eight you seek, we'll all be looking for cars that might fit the bill.

Steve

Posted on: 2020/5/8 15:48
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Another Custom listed for sale on the Packard Automobile Classis website
www.packardclub.org. Look in the Packard Classified section."1949 Early Series Custom Low mileage original rebuilt 356...." $15,500. The ad dated 4/25/2020 indicates the car is in New Mexico.

Good luck

Posted on: 2020/5/8 21:33
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mechagon
See User information
That 1948 Packard for about $9000 you sent me looks tempting. It looks like the upholstery is not correct though.

Posted on: 2020/5/10 0:04
Alberta - Canada
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

Mechagon wrote:
That 1948 Packard for about $9000 you sent me looks tempting. It looks like the upholstery is not correct though.

Most of the upholstery appears to be original with the Shadow Check Broadcloth on the seats. The exception is the front seat backrest which has been reupholstered with a plain fabric of some sort.

Posted on: 2020/5/10 1:48
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mechagon
See User information
Quote:

BDeB wrote:

Most of the upholstery appears to be original with the Shadow Check Broadcloth on the seats. The exception is the front seat backrest which has been reupholstered with a plain fabric of some sort.

Shouldn't there be lines stitched into the door panels? I'm not sure what the correct pattern is for a Custom Though. Where might one source the original blue fabric?

Posted on: 2020/5/10 12:01
Alberta - Canada
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Plain broadcloth fabric on the Custom 8 door panels between the upper woodgrain insert and the lower vinyl with the square stitched pattern & plated rivets.

Bill Hirsch used to reproduce the Shadow Check material but my understanding is that it is no longer available. They probably still have the plain broadcloth.

Posted on: 2020/5/10 12:11
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mechagon
See User information
Quote:

BDeB wrote:
Plain broadcloth fabric on the Custom 8 door panels between the upper woodgrain insert and the lower vinyl with the square stitched pattern & plated rivets.

Bill Hirsch used to reproduce the Shadow Check material but my understanding is that it is no longer available. They probably still have the plain broadcloth.

Good to know. If I pull the trigger I'll probably live with the seat back as is until the car is fully sorted otherwise. I notice the video in the ad calls it a Super Deluxe,I'll contact the seller about this.

Posted on: 2020/5/10 13:34
Alberta - Canada
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

If you can live with the 327 engine and the Super interior, a 23rd Series '49-'50 Super Deluxe would be quite a satisfactory model to own as well.

The maroon '49 Custom Eight in New Mexico appears to be a nicely-preserved mostly original car.

Steve

Posted on: 2020/5/10 13:41
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved