Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

info Packard 1939, 1708, 1235-2107
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Valentine
See User information
Hello all,

I have recently purchase a 1939 Packard limo and have been pouring over websites and forums and many here have helped a great deal in followup leads on the car, and would like to thank all that have helped, really appreciate it.

I have contact the department of infrastructure re import paperwork etc on the vehicle but only cars imported after 1989 had to have a import approval and hence they think that the car may have been imported before that. They have no records of the car based on the VIN/Chassis no. 476828, or on 1235-2107.

The 'roster keeper' for V12 packards 1938/39 does how ever have my car listed on the registry (1235-2107), but no owner name attached and no other details.

I contacted Robert at Custom Auto Service - packards in California this morning. He is a lovely chap who knew the previous owner 'Max Hood' who I believe has since passed away. He did mention a gentleman called Bruce Rispin, who knew Max Hood and Bruce Rispin is apparently well known Packard enthusiast.

I was wondering if anyone knew Bruce Rispin and knew how I might be able to get in touch with him?

Just hoping to track as much history on the car as I can.

thanks all,

Cheers

Rowan

Posted on: 2020/6/24 21:13
 Top  Print 

Re: info Packard 1939, 1708, 1235-2107
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Rowan,

Have passed on your request for info and contact details to a couple of "old", meaning long time, PACA members who knew Max well. Hope they can come up with something for you.

Posted on: 2020/6/25 22:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Hello Rowan

Have you been in touch with Barry Smith in Tamworth? I believe he owned this car before Max and may have imported it. According to my notes, Barry decided against restoring it himself because it was too big a job. I think he said he helped Max with the engine rebuild etc. He said they had some problems with that and he thought the car was sold new in Chicago (don't know to whom).

Somebody asked a question about it (1235-2107) on the AACA website in May 2019, but they did not own it. Guess they saw it up for sale at Gosford.

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2020/6/25 23:47
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brian Wilson
See User information
Hello again Rowan

I have just been in contact with Barry Smith. Asked him about your car.

Barry never owned it. He had yet another V12 limo more than 30 years ago. Barry does not know where Max got 2107 from, but he did help with the engine rebuild. After being rebuilt in Melbourne, it was reassembled incorrectly (pistons in one bank reversed) but later fixed and apparently ran ok.

Cheers

Brian

Posted on: 2020/6/26 0:44
1941 120 Club Coupe (SOLD)
1956 Clipper Deluxe (RHD and auto) - for the wife, or so I told her!
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Valentine
See User information
Thanks Mal and Brian, that is great.

Brian, wow, interesting info that you found out. That is great.....the hunt continues. Im really hoping someone will know something about where this old girl came from.

Great to hear about the motor. I can confirm that the motor has certainly been redone, and it runs really well. Except, a leaking welsh plug meant that I had to take the cylinder heads off and found some old 'epoxy resin' welds on the aluminium heads that could have been done better. Now getting some cylinder heads made up.

Thanks again, any more possible contacts welcomed.

Cheers all

Rowan

Posted on: 2020/6/26 9:00
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved