Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
144 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

True Crime-related stolen Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Meadows
See User information
A member of gangster John Dillinger's gang stole a "blue-green 1928 Packard sedan" in 1934 as a getaway car.

Can anyone provide the specifications about the '28 Packard? Motor size? Model? wheel-base size? I'd like to know the name of a color identified as "blue green."

thank you
Garrett Meadows

Posted on: 2020/6/25 15:22
 Top  Print   

Re: True Crime-related stolen Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Garrett, you can go the the Packard Model Info section here. It is under the Main Menu. Also, you may find what you are looking for in the Packard Paint X-Ref section. Both are easy to find and are listed to the left of this.

I hope you were not offended by my posting about criminals and their cars. I like the cars and don't like the criminals.

Your posting here are always welcome and you bring up some good questions.

Posted on: 2020/6/26 11:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Garrett,

JW gave some good advice on how to find things on this website.

Here is a link to the page that may be helpfulhttps://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1928_PackardEight443FactsBook.pdf Scroll down to page 25 for paint color for open and closed cars. Color choice seems limited to me.

Posted on: 2020/6/26 14:03
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi Garrett

Remember, in those years, newspapers had hundreds of column-inches to be filled daily. The crime desk reporters had to fill their reports with details such as year, make and color of car to 'flesh' out the story. The escapades of notorious criminals sold newspaper, people wanted details, especially the juicy ones. Naming a 'blue-green Packard' then would be the equivalent of a reporter writing "a black Mercedes-Benz or BMW" was stolen and used as a getaway car.

"EXTRA, EXTRA, Read all about it!"

Steve

Posted on: 2020/6/26 19:38
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved