Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 147

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Sun Visors
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Alvin14
See User information
I need to replace the sun visors in my 55/400 and have secured a pair of original visors. However, the are
"frozen" on the bracket.
I hesitate to use WD 40, PB blast etc to loosen them as it may bleed thru to the material.
Would appreciate any/all sugestions to remedy this problem.
With thanks,
Alvin

Posted on: 2020/7/1 10:46
 Top  Print 

Re: Sun Visors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Cut two boards roughly the size of the visor. Make a sandwich of the visor and the two boards in your vise taking care to not put too much pressure on the rod side of the visor as that would be counterproductive. Then twist the rod out.

Posted on: 2020/7/1 17:03
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here are a couple of photos to go along with Ross' directions. Upholstery is on a piece of thin cardboard folded in the middle and placed over a piece of hardboard then sewn around the edges to lock the hardboard in position. The metal sleeve the rod slides into is fastened to the hardboard. This visor has one sleeve but other visors may have separate sections. Important item is the board sandwich Ross mentions so when you are pulling and twisting the visor the metal is clamped down to the hardboard so it cannot break or bend or pull the staples out of the hardboard.

Attach file:

jpg  (98.91 KB)
209_5efd16651556e.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (105.74 KB)
209_5efd166d71998.jpg 917X1280 px

Posted on: 2020/7/1 18:03
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Alvin14
See User information
Thank you Ross and Howard.

Alvin

Posted on: 2020/7/2 13:00
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved