Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 118

BigKev, CarFreak, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1955 Dealer Awards Info?
Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Let the ride decide wrote:
I will try scanning.
Sometimes the scanning pixelates the images.

Here was one more from last night that I did not upload.

What years did your family have the Packard dealership?
Were you a dual Packard/Studebaker dealer?

Love that pic you posted of the Master Salesmen!! Hard to see for sure, but I believe my Dad (A.J. Warta) is fourth from the left in the rearmost row, and my Uncle Clarence (C.E. Warta) is fifth from the left.

My family fully owned the dealership from around late '48 thru '56. My understanding is that my Grandfather was a partner with Mr. Reese from about '45 to sometime in '48 when my Grandfather bought him out. Before that, my Grandfather was the Service Manager.

Hempstead was not a dual Packard/Studebaker dealership. The Hempstead store did sell Hillman (Rootes), Austin, Hudson, and Willys also. They shut down Packard Hempstead in late '56 (not positive on the dates, but have the documents that would tell me), and bought another building on the busy Sunrise Highway in Merrick NY and took on Studebaker, Mercedes (and later Goliath, and DKW/Auto Union). The Hempstead building is now a Chrysler dealership.

I've got lots of pics and documents from the dealerships, including the logbooks where all the new car and used car sales were documented. It took me quite a while, but I have put all the new car sales in Excel.

Posted on: 2020/11/3 12:44
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved