Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 146

Packard Don, Dads 56, Ted Kitzmiller, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1924 Headlight Lens
Home away from home
Home away from home

Karl
See User information
Im still looking for this Original Headlight Lenses from BAUSCH & LOMB for my 1924 Phaeton. It is the last important part which is not original on my car. I dont know the correct messurement what B&L printed on the lenses but ... the outside diameter has to be a little bit smaler than 10" .. maybe 9 7/16 (?). The inner Ring diameter has to be a litte bit smaler than 9" .. maybe 8 7/16 (?). I try to find this lenses sins 2 years on ebay and on a couple other places into the Internet. All I found was to small ... some to large. Maybe someone has any Information where I can find a set.
Karl

Attach file:

jpg  (306.66 KB)
147323_5fac67145e14d.jpg 1754X1240 px

Posted on: 2020/11/11 17:36
 Top  Print 

Re: 1924 Headlight Lens
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Check with Kanter Auto Products in New Jersey, USA <www.kanter.com>. The two email addresses to check are <bill@kanter.com> and <cmarshal@kanter.com>

Posted on: 2020/11/11 17:56
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Another source could be Don Axelrod of Headlight Headquarters email hdlthqtrs@aol dot com or phone 781-598-0523.

Posted on: 2020/11/11 19:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Karl
See User information
Mal, this was a real good tip. Don had actually a set of the headlight lenses in stock. Now ..Im complet original in the look of my car. Thaks a lot !!!!!!

Posted on: 2020/11/15 11:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...Mal to the rescue! I like it! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/11/15 12:43
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Karl
See User information
Ozstatman,
Thank you for your Information and the adress from Don Axelrod. Unbelievable ... he found a set of 2 Headlight lenses for my 1924 Sport Phaeton in his Basement and they was realy NOS and in perfect condition. After a shipping time of 4 month they arrived me last week over here in Germany.
And after a guy over here in Germany remade the Badgeds for my Westinghouse Airsprings (dont ask for the price)... all oft the missing Parts for my 1924 Sport are now complete.
Karl

Attach file:

jpg  k-P1040120.JPG (234.12 KB)
147323_610c2a63bd7ef.jpg 1792X1344 px

Posted on: 2021/8/5 13:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Excellent. Now... how about showing us some photos of your rare Sport Model?

Posted on: 2021/8/5 13:24
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Karl wrote: Ozstatman, Thank you for your Information and the adress from Don Axelrod. Unbelievable ... he found a set of 2 Headlight lenses for my 1924 Sport Phaeton in his Basement and they was realy NOS and in perfect condition. After a shipping time of 4 month they arrived me last week over here in Germany.......Karl

Glad to help Karl. isn't the internet a wonderful resource? Met Don at Hershey some years back, courtesy of the Flackmaster!

Quote:
West Peterson wrote: Excellent. Now... how about showing us some photos of your rare Sport Model

Although your '24 Single Eight, Sport is in the Registry I second West's request. Or you could think of it as a visible thankyou.

Posted on: 2021/8/7 0:01
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Karl
See User information
Mal, .. of course … the Internet and PI is for us Packard car freaks the most helpful way ever. Without this .. I never could finish my 1924 Sport restauration to a nearly 100% original condition. And without friends like DavidMc and Pat from “Bills Speedometershop” helpful Informations and parts search and parts shipping organization it would be impossible to restore a Packard over here in Germany into this condition I work on. I hoped the Car is painted till July this year because I believed that the Fenders and the Running boards are in paintable condition after I removed them 3 years ago. But …. now after a closer inspection …. all Fenders has nearly a ¼ inch thick plastic putty on it. And after I removed this there was a lot of holes every where closed with fiberglass. On the rear Fender the whole surface was … patchwork .. but overall .. inside and outside they was great sanded and painted. The Runnigboards was made on the same way and after stripping .. they was just scrap. So … there is no paint the car this year because I have to fix the fender problems. After this .. West Peterson .. I `ll post some pics from the car. I hope to finish the restauration in the middle of next year.

Posted on: 2021/8/7 6:29
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Karl wrote:....without friends like DavidMc and Pat from “Bills Speedometershop” helpful Informations and parts search and parts shipping organization it would be impossible to restore a Packard over here in Germany into this condition I work on.....
Karl,

DavidMc is a great guy and allways willing to help other Packard owners.

Posted on: 2021/8/7 8:08
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved