Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 110

Geocap, dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

A few questions/asks
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Pippo
See User information
OK, I'm well on my way to dismantling my 1923 Touring 220 and am finding a couple things that are either missing or will need to be replaced. Any help in locating these would be greatly appreciated

* Horn wire that runs through the steering column (current one is broken and while I can solder it back together I would just as soon see if there is any new-old stock out there)

* Convertible top cradles (these didn't come with the car and so need to be found, hopefully before I start the chroming and painting of the rest fo the vehicle)

* Rear convertible window frame (the one I have is broken and can probably be welded by someone that knows pig iron, but I am not that guy)

* Compressor (this is just a nice to have, not needed)

* Stop light (currently has running light and I suppose I can convert it to a dual filament setup, as is I am going to have to fabricate some type of brake switch)

* Wheel hub wrench

I'm sure there will be more discoveries as this goes on

Thanks a bunch
Pippo

Posted on: 2020/12/7 15:44
 Top  Print 

Re: A few questions/asks
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Pippo,
to PackardInfo and for including your '23 Single Six Touring in the Packard Owner's Registry.

And a question, what's the yellow car behind your Packard?

Posted on: 2020/12/7 17:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Pippo,

Welcome to Packard Info. I read your registry notes and it sounds like you have the restoration or your '23 Single Six duly organized and well underway. Even in unrestored condition, that photo in the registry shows a very complete and classic looking Packard. She will really be something when complete! Good luck and I'm sure you'll find the folks at P.I. to be very helpful and informative. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/12/7 18:43
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Pippo
See User information
I don't recall, but I am heading out there this weekend and will find out. The previous owner bought the entire car collection that belonged to the Samuel J Alfano Jr estate back in '83. He has a '33 Rolls I am hoping to convince him to let go of (he said he had to see what I did with this car first)

Posted on: 2020/12/8 17:58
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved