Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2021 Will Be A Better Year...It Will!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...Miss Prudence would like to wish all her surviving Packard relatives a better 2021 than 2020 turned out to be. Prudence is looking forward to more miles on the road and fewer hours in the garage...and with a little luck...having the tuner in her radio repaired...if she can convince Ernie to take the damn radio out of the car! So there! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/12/22 9:19
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Re: 2021 Will Be A Better Year...It Will!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
From the latest issue of the Oregon Clipper.

Attach file:

jpg  (102.10 KB)
1067_5fe216d341dda.jpg 720X864 px

Posted on: 2020/12/22 10:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
AMEN to that Ernie & Joe!!! I'm fairly new at this and had booked my first Packard Car Show in (near) San Francisco, California for last June (I think it was!!) and was disappointed when everything got cancelled. Not sure what 2021 will end up like, but hopefully with the vaccine rollout, we can get this thing behind us and resume 'normal' activities and 'get out of our caves' a bit more next year! Would like to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow Packard Informationians as Merry a Christmas as is possible, and optimistic good wishes for the coming New Year. Chris

Posted on: 2020/12/22 15:54
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
I third the notion, good riddance to 2020! But, I hope this miserable experience will give us perspective about what is important and a renewed outlook to appreciate the seemingly ordinary activities and events we enjoy without much thought.

As the song lyrics go "you don't know what you've got until its gone". When normalcy finally returns...don't take it for granted. To a better and healthy 2021 to all Packardians.

Steve

Posted on: 2020/12/22 16:43
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
You make a very good point, Steve. I was watching an episode of 60 Minutes a while back and they were interviewing a scientist (his name escapes me) and he said (and I'm paraphrasing here...) 'the stupidest thing we can do when this thing is all over, is to set the pins back up and continue bowling the same game; if we can't learn some vital lessons from this, and start doing a whole LOT of things very differently, we're not very smart as a species.' When you look at just the reduced pollution in the smog in major cities from the decreased air and car traffic, it should be abundantly clear that a huge difference COULD be made in a very short time if we all got on the same page. Am I hopeful?? No comment. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/12/22 17:18
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
2021 will certainly be a better year, at least for my Panama. I have great hopes to get it up to snuff and on the road by spring, so that my family and I can enjoy many hours of cruising. I'm looking forward to the future!

-Kevin

Posted on: 2020/12/22 22:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved