Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
123 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 121

Ross, 29tons, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Yep, all works fine now Big Kev... thanks. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/1/16 12:22
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Tried to post a forum reply but nothing happened so after a bit and nothing continuing to happen I pressed the button again. That time I got an error that the session had timed out even though I was still logged in so I tried again. Once done, I saw that I had two postings (I deleted the duplicate).

Not sure what happened but it seemed very sluggish the first time which, of course, could be on my end but in case it indicates an issue, I thought I would mention it.

I really don't envy you with all this work but I certainly appreciate it!

Posted on: 2021/1/16 15:08
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Although I don't recall what it was, I see that something I posted here is blank when it wasn't before.

Posted on: 2021/1/16 15:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Ok. Upload speed zips.

But only could up load 1 picture at a time

Had to edit. To upload more pictures.

Posted on: 2021/1/16 19:14
Riki
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
There is an issue with some post showing blank. The data is the database, but there is some kind of rendering issue. Looking into it. The forum is a prebuilt module and it has a few bugs that I am trying to figure out.

Posted on: 2021/1/16 21:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev.

Thought all was well with the Registry because the total of Packards was 1998 both before and after the changes. However, looking a little closer found one "BigKev" had the last 2 entries in the Registry. Think these are "TEST" entries which I'll delete. There has also been a more recent entry pushing the total to 1999. I'll acknowledge this entry in due course. I understand that recent entries/posts would be lost in the transition/upgrading and I believe once lost they are LOST. Just hope the members whose Packards were lost can create new entries. Unfortunately because of "Old Timers Disease" I can't recall the members names now.

EDIT - Re my comment "However, looking a little closer found one "BigKev" had the last 2 entries in the Registry. Think these are "TEST" entries which I'll delete." Have now deleted those entries.

BUT - The search function available in the Registry, which I use to "discover" things and help me in my efforts in the Registry, seems to be defaulting to searching all categories, see screenshot attached.

Attach file:

jpg  226_6003b62052e61.jpg (26.89 KB)
226_6003b62052e61.jpg 917X201 px

Posted on: 2021/1/16 22:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Big Kev,

Quick question: has the page width changed in this new iteration of P.I.?
Before, I could view a 'normal' post without having to slide the bottom space bar back and forth from side-to-side. Only exception was when someone posted a photo, possibly bigger than normal, and it would expand the page width. Right now, I can't see any of the right hand side photos without moving the page manually. No worries if that's 'the way it is'; a guy will just have to get used to doing it. Or maybe they is a way, as a user, that I can shrink what I am viewing from my end? Chris.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 1:22
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
On PCs, (Linux and Windows but I'm not sure of Mac) you can generally press CTRL + or CTRL - to enlarge or reduce the screen. It works in most, but not all, applications.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 1:44
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
For those that were seeing some posts as being blank/empty, this has now been resolved. Those posts contained single "curly" quotes, and that caused the new security code that reads the database as unsafe, so it throws the value away upon reading it. The old software didnt care, and allowed them. So I just had to write a little script to go through the DB and replace the curly quotes with normal one and voila! All fixed. If you create a new post with those, the new software should "escape" them saving to the DB. So no worries there.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 11:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
On PCs, (Linux and Windows but I'm not sure of Mac) you can generally press CTRL + or CTRL - to enlarge or reduce the screen. It works in most, but not all, applications.

Same with Mac only it is Command +/- or you can usually click on the small or large A in the Safari toolbar to change the width of the page.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 12:02
Howard
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved