Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
97 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
My thanks also go to BigKev for getting the website so functional so soon. A small item I miss is the lack of prominence when another article is linked to words in a post. The old forum links kind of stood out but the new forum seems to only make the print for the word or link show as slightly more bold. Being all black type it is a bit harder to visualize where to click to see if there might be something else going on.

Posted on: 2021/1/21 17:00
Howard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The links should be starting to show with a different color. If you need to do a 'hard-reload' of the webpage so it reloads all the resources for the website.

Also, the USERNAME for a post should now be in white, when viewing a thread.

So in my picture below you can see my username is in white, and the links in my signature blue.

Attach file:

jpg  ScreenShot 241.jpg (130.93 KB)
1_600b0c925b63c.jpg 1920X1055 px

Posted on: 2021/1/22 12:32
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
If you need to do a 'hard-reload' of the webpage so it reloads all the resources for the website.

BigKev, apparently I'm not as computer oriented as I thought. How do we do a "hard-reload" of the webpage? Tried logging out, closing the window, then bringing the site back up and logging back in. But that didn't seem to change anything. Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/1/22 13:46
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
On Google Chrome:

Windows users: hold down Ctrl and then press F5 on your keyboard.

Mac users: hold down Cmd and Shift and then press R on your keyboard.

Posted on: 2021/1/22 14:18
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Fixed issue where downloading PDF files from the Literature Archive was making some browser complain about a security warning. This was because all the links were still using the http vs https which is now required. So I ran a script on the DB to fix all the links and now everything is right as rain with that. I also double the amount of RAM the server has as with this brave new world and all the security overhead I am running to keep everything safe and secure, I needed more RAM to keep the website speedy. Waiting on the data center to get back to me with some questions in regards to the transfer data rates I have been seeing as I would have expected faster raw DL speeds. So long story short, I making the changes and investment to get the website moving forward into the future.

Posted on: 2021/1/22 16:34
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Looking great BigKev. Thanks for the updates. The minor changes really do help!

-Kevin

Posted on: 2021/1/22 17:32
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Data Center confirmed my findings and realized that there was a networking issue on their side. Earlier I was seeing a download/upload speed of 80/5 Mbps from the server's perspective, which from a server in a data center is horrible. After fixing the network issue, I'm now seeing 660/875 Mbps. So, downloads and picture loading should now be "lickety-split".

Let me know if you are seeing anything different.

-Best Regards

Posted on: 2021/1/22 22:36
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, photos are downloading far faster now! I had thought the sluggishness to be on my end as we have terrible Internet.

One thing I can't find is the way to add ones self to a thread without actually posting a comment. It used to be there below but I don't see that now unless posting. Not a major thing after all the wonders you've accomplished but I thought I would mention it.

Posted on: 2021/1/23 2:56
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Not sure what you mean by "add ones self to a thread"? Are you talking about from a notification standpoint?

Posted on: 2021/1/23 8:15
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
When you post something, there is a checkbox below the form that when checked notifies you of new posts in that thread. It used to be there below the thread near the bottom of each page where you could add or remove yourself from notifications but now it is there only when the new post form is open.

Posted on: 2021/1/23 19:22
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved