Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
137 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 136

Joe Krzan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 22 »

Re: Website
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I see it at the bottom when viewing a thread.

Posted on: 2021/1/23 19:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I've cleaned up the new Literature Archive. It should look a bit nicer now. I still have work to do and I need to add the ability to look by year for matches.

Posted on: 2021/1/23 19:38
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Can you point it out for me? I don’t see it yet and it used to be hard to miss but I am getting old.

Attach file:

png  408ACE4B-7700-437C-B094-F1A6385A4093.png (986.46 KB)
60923_600cc1b4498b5.png 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2021/1/23 19:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
One interesting thing on the new forum is if you click the PREVIEW button immediately below the reply box (which I don't remember being present on the old forum) the preview shows as a straight line which makes the browser page need to scroll across the window to see it all. If you use the preview button at the bottom of the page next to the submit or cancel buttons the preview displays in another box above the reply just like the old forum did.

Posted on: 2021/1/23 20:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Don,

It will only show when you are not filtering by a specific post. So if you see post_id= in the url but not topic_id = then it wont show. Which is what happens when you are using those jump to last post shortcuts. If you just click name of the thread from the topic list, then it will show. You'll notice that the topic_id shows in the URL and then the code that generates the Notification options box then is displayed. Bascially if that Topic_ID is not passed then that notification option is not displayed as it needs that value as Notifications are assigned by Topic ID not Post ID.

Posted on: 2021/1/23 21:57
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard,

That was something that is built into that DHTML Textbox control natively. So, I agree, it's confusing. I've disabled it.

Posted on: 2021/1/23 22:28
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Literature Section now has the View By Year category stuff wired back in. So now you can see all the Literature for a specific year.

Posted on: 2021/1/24 17:02
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Not sure if I mentioned it before but I’ve noticed a few empty posts. While I have deleted some posts over the years, I’ve never posted “nothing” so can you please check it out? No urgency, of course,

Posted on: 2021/1/24 20:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
It will only show when you are not filtering by a specific post. So if you see post_id= in the url but not topic_id = then it wont show. Which is what happens when you are using those jump to last post shortcuts. If you just click name of the thread from the topic list, then it will show. You'll notice that the topic_id shows in the URL and then the code that generates the Notification options box then is displayed. Bascially if that Topic_ID is not passed then that notification option is not displayed as it needs that value as Notifications are assigned by Topic ID not Post ID.

In the screen capture I posted, I was not filtering by a specific post but there just happened to be only a single post on that page. The only time I see the option to follow or unfollow a thread is if I select Next Topic or Previous Topic which, of course, takes me to a different topic. If I want to add or remove myself from the currently viewed topic, there is no way to do so when there was a way before.

Posted on: 2021/1/24 21:00
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Test User
See User information
If you click on the name of the topic on the bread crumbs. It will take you to the root of that thread. The option will be available.

Posted on: 2021/1/24 22:29
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved