Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 156

Packard Don, todd landis, BigKev, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 »

Re: Website
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
BMP files were never a format that was accepted for upload I believe. Mostly because they are usually umcompressed images, so are huge. Conversion isn't a problem, it just not an image format most folks are using. JPEG, GIF and PNG are the lion's share.

Posted on: 2021/2/17 13:20
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I learned a long time ago to save photos I care about in a lossless format such as TIFF or BMP as they will degrade over time as JPEG and GIF (not sure about PNG) as they re-compress over and over every time they are saved, renamed or edited in any way so eventually become very pixelated. On my sites, BMP is one of the upload choices but, of course, it gets converted, resized and compressed appropriately in the upload process.

Posted on: 2021/2/17 21:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
While adding anti-theft numbers to three of my roster entries, I noticed that all had the text quite messed up. There were extra carriage returns or carriage returns missing that had been there, many unbracketed div and br tags. All 0s (zeros) had been stripped out too so, for example, rather than saying 30 years, it had only 3 years. Also, each had a 28 in it and I have no idea what that might have originally said but it was in reference to when or where the photo was taken. I have not yet edited my 1951 Henney-Packard’s entry as I can’t access the car to get the number (it’s high up on the lift) but likely these things are still in its entry too.

So having pointed out those things (for information, not as a complaint), is it possible to put links to roster entries to a person’s profile? I might have noticed these issues sooner if they were easier to find.

And finally, I had never looked at the Directory of vendors (I’m not there!) but I did today and see that many Web site links do not work as they are incomplete URLs. Most of us can probably work around that but there are some users who are not so computer literate as to be able to figure it out.

Posted on: 2021/3/14 15:07
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
This was covered previously. The old rich text input control for those fields allowed dangerous text/script to be added that could compromise the website to a hack. That control was replaced. All the prior text from those fields that were stored in the DB was scrubbed to make it inert.

So that old text needs to be updated using the new control.

Posted on: 2021/3/15 8:58
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Made a few changes to how the information in the Registry is displayed:

Now there is a filter option, where you can filter a Year/Series/Body Number search by Status (Currently Owned, Sold, Junked, etc.) Helpful if you want to see a reduced list.

I've added code to "link" cars in the registry that have the same Vehicle Number when displayed. Which you can see in the following two screenshots. Basically, as cars change hands or additional information is added about prior/future ownership, it should show the information linked together.

Attach file:

jpg  ScreenShot 285.jpg (88.97 KB)
1_604fc1ac18366.jpg 1920X731 px

jpg  ScreenShot 284.jpg (215.94 KB)
1_604fc1b3a8281.jpg 1920X1649 px

Posted on: 2021/3/15 15:22
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Nice, thanks BigKev

Posted on: 2021/3/15 17:49
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I run some scripts on the registry to fix some of the Vehicle Numbers that were not entered in the BodyNum-Sequence (xxxx-xxxx) format. Also in the 55-56 models to copy the VN into the Engine serial field if the Engine serial field was blank.

This helps to clean everything up especially when mapped being looked at by the Decoder for a match, and by the registry looking for multiple entries belonging to the same vehicle.

Maybe at some point we can cross reference what is in the data base and fill out the Theft Proof numbers from the lists that have been built over the years to complete that information.

Posted on: 2021/3/16 7:47
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I also swept the Vehicle Numbers to replace any I's with 1's.

Posted on: 2021/3/16 7:53
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Here is a good example of what we are hoping to eventually be able to show in the Registry. This shows the same car passing between three different owners:

Attach file:

jpg  ScreenShot 287.jpg (153.03 KB)
1_6050b6351c300.jpg 1920X1217 px

Posted on: 2021/3/16 8:44
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It looks great! Can these entries show the date that they were last updated in order to put into perspective?

Posted on: 2021/3/16 9:59
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 16 17 18 (19) 20 21 22 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved