Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 Clipper hubcap question
Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
I've got a question on the correct hubcaps. I've seen 2 different styles on '41 Clippers. The first is 10" across and fits over the lug nuts. This is the one I see on the factory photographs and other 1941 models. I've also seen a much larger hubcap that covers most of the wheel and has a completely flat surface across the face of the cap. The owners of both styles say that their cap is correct. Was the larger hubcap 1) an option, 2) brought out later in the production run or 3) just a 1942 style ?

Posted on: 2021/1/15 21:33
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 Clipper hubcap question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Without example photos it's difficult to tell but I believe that the flat type were for 1942 Clipper while those for 1941 were more dome-like similar to those on the non-Clippers. The 1942 Clipper covers didn't cover much more of the wheel than those for 1941 but their flat shape, especially when paired with beauty rings, made it appear so.

Posted on: 2021/1/16 2:54
 Top  Print 

Re: 1941 Clipper hubcap question
Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
Thanks Don, that was my thought also

Posted on: 2021/1/16 8:34
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved