Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 163

Tom (Packin31), DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1938 Packard Six Paint Code
Just popping in
Just popping in

Brian Mathieu
See User information
Hi guys and greetings from Luxembourg (Europe).
I‘m Brian, 27 years old an bought this very nice 4 door Sedan a few months ago in the Netherlands. I did some work on the car during the winter because it wasn‘t used very often during the last 10 years.
The car has 2 different colours: a clear blue for the body part and a darker blue over the wheel arches. The car has been repainted years ago but the preowner told me that the clearer blue should be an original Packard colour.
Can anyone help me please to find the paint code for the clearer blue because there are a few scratches that need to be corrected?
Thanks a lot
Best regards

Brian

Attach file:

jpeg  224782_600301e765dda.jpeg (403.50 KB)
224782_600301e765dda.jpeg 1439X1920 px

Posted on: 2021/1/16 10:10
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 Chrysler Six Paint Code
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In my opinion that is going to be a very hard challenge. Packard had many blue colors and then some shade differences visible close up on some of the blues that might look about the same from a distance. Even the more or less standard Packard Blue available over many years had subtle differences. Without at least knowing what year might have been chosen it will be hard to narrow down an exact guess. Fading over the years could also make a paint made by code number be different than what has been on the car and exposed to the elements. Much better for touch ups would be to find a small painted item that could be removed and taken to a paint store to have a matching paint made up.

While computer displays and scanned items can have vast differences between them to the point it is difficult to get a decent comparison, some paint chip sheets are available on this site in the literature archive which you can bring up from the link in the main menu to the left of the page. You can also go to the PAC club sitehttps://www.packardclub.org and view some of the same plus a few different paint chip sheets just to get an idea of what was available. At the PAC site, from the main menu under the Library category select Reference to bring up the page which will let you select chip sheets by year.

Posted on: 2021/1/16 11:26
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
1939 Chrysler? Your car is a 1938 Packard.

Posted on: 2021/1/16 15:16
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom Beidleman
See User information
Greetings !
You might be better off searching for an actual color match rather than a specific Packard color code.
The paint and body shop I've used has a catalog (a huge book)of every shade and hue of every color known to man (or so it seems) I did not have a paint code but by going through the colors and comparing them with what I was trying to match up, we found the exact match !
Just a thought, and hope it helps.
Best Regards,
TomB

Posted on: 2021/1/16 18:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Quote:
1939 Chrysler? Your car is a 1938 Packard.

It's listed in the Owner's Registry as a '39, Don. Still, not sure on the 'Chrysler' reference... Chris.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 1:37
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
No matter how it's listed in the registry, it is a 1938. Note the brightwork up onto the roof above the center of the windshield and the obvious lack of column shift.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 1:48
 Top  Print 

Re: 1938 Packard Six Paint Code
Just popping in
Just popping in

Brian Mathieu
See User information
Sry guys, I was writing in this forum about my Packard and in another forum about my Chrysler.
Was a bit confused.. ;)

I changed everything so now the information about the car should be correct.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 3:23
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Brian Mathieu,
to PackardInfo and for including your '39 Six 4 Door Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry. Interesting that it has the trim strip running up the windscreen divider and onto the front of the roof. I thought that was a '38 year feature?

Posted on: 2021/1/17 4:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

blue40devil
See User information
This might be a start

https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/1939-Packard.html

Company is TPC Global

Posted on: 2021/1/17 8:45
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
I thought that was a '38 year feature?

See post #6 - it IS a 1938.

Posted on: 2021/1/17 12:05
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved