Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Car Dolly
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced rolling chassis/body dolly suitable for a suspension-less 1954 Packard Patrician? In other words, it needs to be supported by the chassis and can handle the weight of the body on it and later be used on the body by itself.

I know they are easy to make but I don't have the time or equipment (my shop has only an extension cord for power) so need one ready-made.

Posted on: 2021/2/4 21:15
 Top  Print 

Re: Car Dolly
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
What are you calling "reasonably priced"?
There's rectangular dollies that go under and there's the "twirler" kind like I have
where you can both remove the body from the frame or rotate the body once off the frame. I think I gave about $1600 for that 5 years ago.
Try some place like "auto body tool mart".
https://www.autobodytoolmart.com/
look under "car dollies".

Posted on: 2021/2/5 15:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you, I had already looked there but saw nothing I was looking for, which is a frame with four posts to hold the car off the ground for rolling and which can also hold the body alone so it would need flat pads of some sort. No, not a twirler as I'm not ready for that yet but a recommendation there would be helpful too.

I don't have a price in mind but certainly don't want to spend $10k either! I am really looking for one that others have used with the their '50s era Packards.

Posted on: 2021/2/5 20:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dads 56
See User information
Saw this on kijiji

Can’t seem to include photo

Automotive Rotisserie
$2,500.00
Posted 4 days ago
Cranbrook, BC V1C 2M2(View Map)
Favourite

Description

Resto-Revolver 4K rotisserie. This is the top of the line rotisserie built in Edmonton. Solid construction will help you access the difficult to reach parts of your project. This strong rotisserie will help keep you safe while working on your vehicle. Once balanced you can rotate your car singlehandedly. Lifting is easy with two 8 ton jacks and your choice of air powered or hand pump lifting power.

Posted on: 2021/2/6 0:30
1956 Packard Executive 2 door hard top (5677A)
1956 Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan (5622)(parts car)
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
If you can't attach a photo, it's either too large, a non supported file type, or the file has special characters in it, or too many dots in it, which causes the security software that drives the website to reject it.

Posted on: 2021/2/6 1:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you so much for the effort and I think I found this one from Summit Racing that should do the trick and even has extremely low shipping.

Of course, I'll need to get two so I am just waiting to hear back on how I can order for a specific delivery date range so that I'll a at my shop to receive it! I will eventually want a rotisserie too but no room for one at the moment!

Posted on: 2021/2/6 3:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Those look great, Don - once I get my new garage built, I will loop up a couple as well. Nice to be able to easily move a car around, like those will allow. Also, that rotisserie in Cranbrook BC looks like a score for what you get. Not that far away from me either! Luckily I have no intentions of ever wanting a car project that would require one of those!! LOL. Chris.

Posted on: 2021/2/6 20:00
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The dollies arrives yesterday (and got soaked in an unexpected downpour) but I did not order the optional chassis supports. They will apparently handle a chassis up to 3-1/2” rail width so before I order, does anyone know the rail width of a 1954 chassis?

Posted on: 2021/2/18 22:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Check out section XI Frame in the 51-4 service manual. Depending on where you want to attach the dolly the width would vary but almost all the dimensions are shown.

Posted on: 2021/2/18 23:35
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Howard, I had looked at that drawing earlier but if the width of the rails is there, i can’t spot t!

Posted on: 2021/2/19 3:15
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved