Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
46 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 41

John Iaccino, 37Blanche, bazou37, BigKev, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1941 Turn signal bulb
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

William Grosz
See User information

Posted on: 2021/2/8 22:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You really don't want to use that type of bulb in tallights, brake lights or parking lights. LEDs in general are extremely directional and with them all aimed the same direction, it would be very bright at the end but less around the sides. You really need the type that has lights all around it as shown in the image that I posted earlier.

Posted on: 2021/2/9 3:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
One of the problems with keeping the car 10 miles from the house is that unless I write everything down and take pictures of everything, by the time I drive back home, things that I am sure I would not forget have managed to get rearranged in my memory. Another problem is that I can't just hop off the recliner and rush out to the garage to try something or have another look at it. As a result, when I got up to the car today, I found that the lower bulb, contrary to what my annotated photo above shows, is the problematic one. It faces straight back (the upper bulb points straight up), and still wouldn't work. The other side still worked fine. I figured that I would try getting down on my creaking knees and see where everything went and see if there is more than one flasher. The wiring from the offending light drops down through a hole in the trunk and appears to run along the rear of the body. Branching off that is a lone wire that runs up to the underside of the trunk lid. It was disconnected from a housing on the back side of the license plate light. Upon further inspection I found the license plate light was out. After plugging that wire back into the housing, not only did my license plate light work, but also the non working signal light now works. Wiring and electricity is not my friend, so I'm not going to monkey around with it. I will just order up some spare bulbs and repair my broken lens and put everything back together. Nothing is easy or goes the way it is supposed to. Thanks for all the input and assistance.

Posted on: 2021/2/9 18:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Try it when your cars are 550 miles away! I take lots of photos and I use my tablet's Notes app to document any details.

Posted on: 2021/2/9 20:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved