Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 147

Dave Munger, Tobs, Tom (Packin31), tsherry, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Re: A German Pacific
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The current PAC directory shows 27 of the 54 Pacifics in the hands of members. A rough guess, 2-3 times that number are probably around, though some of those will be in parts-car condition or less. The 54 Pacific is, in my opinion, a very fine Packard and well worth investing effort in.

Hopefully we all recognize that price guides are just that, "guides", and can be notoriously misleading. That said, a fairly current one says the Pacific values range from $4250 for POOR, $9700 for "fair", $28,000 for "very good" and $38,700 for a 100-point, professional restoration show car.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 17:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Guscha wrote: Two weeks ago a German Packard owner, his name is Kurt, registered his Packard at the website of my friend - but I think, here is the right place for his Packard........Until now I don't know more then that he owns a 1954 Pacific 2dr Hardtop coupe........

Gerd,
Please extend our to Kurt from PackardInfo and our for allowing you to include his '54 Pacific in the Owner Registry here. Although I note your reference to his english and computer skills, if he could be registered as a Forum member that would be even better.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 19:34
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Ha! I'm excited to have some more packards nearby (140 km from me)! I see Power brakes, Auto trans....Almost the same color scheme as my 'lowly' clipper... Now I'm starting to get jealous and wish I had a higher end model ?
As a refernce point: When I imported my Clipper and had it appraised by ADAC (German AAA), it was valued at 7,200 Euro with a 'zustand note' 3 (condition grade)
Note 1 -highest grade for a clipper was 16,000? A Pacific should be higher...
Cool!

Posted on: 2009/3/9 12:21
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Tom Wolt
See User information
German Packard enthousiasts are also welcome at the:

SPCN 10 Years & 2009 European Studebaker-Packard Meet,
15 to 17 may in "De Lutte" in Holland. It's a couple of miles from the German border. Have a look at:

http://www.studebaker-packardclub.nl/page28/page32/page32.html

In die N?he von der Grenze mit Deutschland gibt es im Wochenende 15 bis 17 Mai 2009 einen "Studebaker-Packard Meet".

Bitte kommen Sie mit Ihren Packard, ich werde sicher auch da sein! Weitere Info auf die Website von die SPCN.

Tom
Holland

Posted on: 2009/3/9 15:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
I saw some pictures from Kurt, and his car has a 288 head, reading the pacific build information, I see these cars had the 359 nine main engines.
I know the 327/288 heads interchange, but can you do that with the 359? I guess the engine was swapped...

The car also has no backup lights. I know this was an option, but it seems like every car I see has them installed. Am I just not so obeservant?

I still remember the guy from the moving company in the US asking me about my packard, 'you gonna drive that thing on the autobahn?' LOL
-Mike

Posted on: 2009/3/11 13:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No, not necessarily an engine swap. Almost all of the 359 aluminum heads at one point or another failed; the 327 head is the most practical switch but a 288 head would fit. But I'd hate to think what the compression ratio would be!! Even with a 327 head on a 359 some re-tuning, modifying the centrifugal advance curves, or using export or extra-thick headgaskets is almost always needed, along with higher octane gasoline.

Posted on: 2009/3/11 13:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
He's also got a 2bbl Carb. That's making me think 288. I'll ask him to get the numbers from the side of the engine to be certain.

Posted on: 2009/3/11 13:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
The car also has no backup lights.

The backup lights in 54 were integrated into the tail light assy. Isn't there a clear lens below the 2 red halves?

Posted on: 2009/3/11 13:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
Ah, could be integrated there, kind of a V shape under the 2 red bulbs?

Funny thing, another packard showed up here in the neighborhood! For sale! Who brought all these pacifics to Germany?

http://tinyurl.com/cpv662

Posted on: 2009/3/11 13:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That's correct. I think it nicely balances off the taillights. The other Pacific looks to be in need of several correct front end pieces. Don't know the exchange rate but 12999 euros seems a lot (without correct pieces) and then the 2599 for something else.

Posted on: 2009/3/11 13:50
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved