Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Matching numbers on a 1934 Twelve
Just popping in
Just popping in

WMSB
See User information
Greetings all,
I’m brand new here with a hopefully basic question.
How would one determine that the engine sitting in the car is the actual one it left the factory with?

The car is a 1934 Twelve, model 1107.

I understand that engine and chassis numbers did not match on early cars but production records should list what engine was installed in which chassis, ie a “factory pair”.

Is such info available in the Packard world?
Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2021/2/11 13:07
 Top  Print 

Re: Matching numbers on a 1934 Twelve
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sadly no. Unless you had the delivery paperwork that came with the car, there is no other reference form that information as Packards records were destroy when the plant closed. The best we could do tell you if that engine serial number is in range for your model and year.

Posted on: 2021/2/11 13:37
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
and there are casting dates on the block and oil pan. (and timing cover??not sure on that) which could be correlated to the delivery date on your car, as well as with data from other 34 twelve owners...

Posted on: 2021/2/11 13:57
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day WMSB,
to PackardInfo and I invite you to include your '34 Twelve in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2021/2/11 15:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
1934 Packard Twelves have been carefully watched during the past 60 years. If you're concerned that your car has been made into a Twelve when it originally had an Eight, there are people that can give you the skinny. Provide a little more information, and I'll see what I can do.
What is the body style?
Photo of the current Vehicle Number plate.
Photo of the car itself.

Posted on: 2021/2/12 18:52
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Probably 30 percent of all open-bodied 1107 Packards are fake. As a buyer of one, you really need to do your homework. There are ways of finding out.

Posted on: 2021/2/16 18:55
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

WMSB
See User information
Quote:

West Peterson wrote:
Probably 30 percent of all open-bodied 1107 Packards are fake. As a buyer of one, you really need to do your homework. There are ways of finding out.

Hi West,
Thanks for yours and others comments. I’m not buying, just repairing and the question arose due to failing repairs on freeze cracked water jackets on both sides. So, if this engine and car are a factory pair, get the block repaired, if not, then maybe find a replacement block depending on cost.

But my next question is regarding the rockers and HLA (hydraulic lash adjuster) system. Is there anybody out there that rebuilds the roller follower and needle bearing pivot? These ones are badly in need.

Since I’m a complete newbie here I don’t know the drill on photos yet but here are some numbers.
The block is #901640, data plate is #739 18, and the firewall is embossed 180326 in 7/8” tall numerals.

Posted on: 2021/4/28 10:57
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved