Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Owner Registry Update
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Looks wonderful! This might be a bit too esoteric but I recall reading about the '50s-era Packards which have the door VIN tag and a firewall tag that may or many not exactly match. Maybe a field for this secondary tag or a checkbox to say if it matches? Just a thought. (For my two 1954, they match.)

Posted on: 2021/2/28 11:12
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well that the 54-56 had a door jam stainless tag with the VN. No patent plate. Also there was the Briggs Body Number on the firewall. All that is covered in the intro text in the decode.

Posted on: 2021/2/28 13:50
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I added another option to the Registry. It's an "Added for Info only, never was Owner" checkbox. Which can be used to enter info about a car that perhaps you didn't own, but you have info/paperwork on. I added three cars with ( 1199-342, 5452-2944 & 5582-2104 ) which I have the Owners Service Card that I received through various donations of literature over the years. This option should be used in conjunction with the Status field. If you don't know what happened to the car, then choose Unknown. Otherwise, select the appropriate Status. This could include Scraped for example. That at least lets people know what happened to a car if they ever come searching for it. This paperwork I have had the purchaser's name, dealership, and delivery date, as well as the engine serial. So all of that has been recorded. If someone were to ever put any of those VNs into the Decoder it should show them that info.

Attach file:

jpg  ScreenShot 273.jpg (152.12 KB)
1_603d43204bdd3.jpg 1920X1043 px

jpg  ScreenShot 274.jpg (247.50 KB)
1_603d43272de05.jpg 1699X1920 px

jpg  ScreenShot 272.jpg (196.86 KB)
1_603d432d9cf1d.jpg 1466X1942 px

Posted on: 2021/3/1 14:40
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
So if you have any info on other Packards, I encourage you to enter the details into the Registry so that information can be saved for the record.

Also, checking that option will not show you are the Owner of that vehicle. It's just to denote in the system that it was added for information context only.

On another note, I have restored the ability to add Rich Text back to the Vehicle history box in the Registry. It now uses the same editor as the forum does.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/3/1 14:44
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved