Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 147

53 Cavalier, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Locating Missing 1953 Clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’m trying to help two previous owners locate a 1953 Clipper Deluxe touring sedan, 2662-9179, last seen in Georgia some years back and through a strange series of events. Howard (HH56) is familiar with this car as he once stored it and maybe even did some work on it. The car was last seen after having been vandalized so perhaps is no more but if it does still exist, it would be great to find out!

As for the two previous owners, I am one of them as it was sold new in San Jose, CA where I lived and I owned it for may years as the third owner, the second being a gas station that used it as a loaner and push car. It was a frequent driver on NorCal PAC meets and was even one of my every day cars. The fellow I sold it to also owned it for many years.

Attach file:

jpeg  78E59ADA-DD28-4DBE-99F9-DCEB35A82A3F.jpeg (44.40 KB)
60923_6043ce4210466.jpeg 874X636 px

Posted on: 2021/3/6 13:47
 Top  Print 

Re: Locating Missing 1953 Clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
To add a bit more info, last I heard the car was on a farm somewhere around Macon, GA but that was a good 10-12 years ago. I know personally when it left CA it was running and looking good with lots of miles driven in the Santa Monica area.

Owner took it with him when he moved to GA and from what I was told, after being there a few months he had a falling out with part of his family. That rift caused him to leave the car and before he could retrieve it the car was supposedly used for target practice. If that is the case it is very sad because the car had been gone thru and was really in good condition.

Posted on: 2021/3/6 14:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved