Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Headliner
Just popping in
Just popping in

Jbgeer
See User information
Can anyone tell me who besides Kanter makes a headliner. They have become really bad at answering calls. Thanks

Posted on: 2021/3/6 16:03
 Top  Print   

Re: Headliner
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Afternoon...PM KevinPackard...He just purchased one from a different supplier and he seems happy with it...Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2021/3/6 17:46
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I just heard yesterday that Kanter's Packard department has been hit particularly hard by absenteeism resulting from Covid.

Posted on: 2021/3/6 19:18
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dads 56
See User information
I learned that too, the other day when ordering parts.
Will take them longer to fulfill orders for a while.
your patience is requested

Posted on: 2021/3/6 21:09
1956 Packard Executive 2 door hard top (5677A)
1956 Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan (5622)(parts car)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Try SMS in Washington State.They have authentic material for just about everything!

Posted on: 2021/3/7 3:02
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

heatingman
See User information
I was getting ready to inquire about a new headliner for my 47 super eight so hopefully you find a supplier and the materials are proper as I think mine is a type of wool,

Posted on: 2021/3/7 11:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kanter outsources their headliners and his and most of those you find from the usual aftermarket suppliers will be a cotton material. I don't know if SMS offers wool headliners but worth a try. If not, when I did my 47 Custom Hirsch had the proper thin grade wool broadcloth in the proper tan color but the price for fabric only was almost 3 times the price of the ready to install Kanter item. At the time and maybe still Hirsch did not do the sewing. You needed to find an upholsterer to make the headliner so an additional cost.

I ordered the lower cost Kanter item because I knew I was going to cut extra holes for roof AC vents and did not want to do that to a very expensive wool item. While the color of the cotton material is good the texture is not the same and is noticeable to a purist.

Posted on: 2021/3/7 12:04
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Check SMS. They will probably have the exact material. Their prices are the same as Kanter and Newstalgia. Neither of those places had the right material for my car. SMS sent out samples (I had to call and remind them) and the materials were exact. Took them a month to make and deliver, and the headliner fits well. Would have been better if a professional had installed, but it turned out good enough for me.

Kevin

Posted on: 2021/3/7 15:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
Quote:

Jbgeer wrote:
Can anyone tell me who besides Kanter makes a headliner. They have become really bad at answering calls. Thanks

I am sorry that you are having an issue with getting in contact with our Packard Department. As others have mentioned unfortunately our Packard Department has been hit particularly hard this past week with Covid. Since the confirmation we have been pro-active to clean and disinfect the department. We have added salesman from our other sales department to handle incoming calls and any customer service issues that need assistance. We have also added additional warehouse employees to aid with pulling, packing and shipping of parts.

But regardless there had been a slight delay in orders being taken and orders going out this past week but now with the step that we have put in place we should be as close to normal with leads times this coming week.

You can also reach out to me through PM here and I will work with you to get an answer to what ever questions that you have.

Thanks
James From
Kanter Auto Products

Posted on: 2021/3/8 7:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day heatingman,
Little but, seeing it's your first post, to PackardInfo.

And, I invite you to include your '47 Super Eight in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2021/3/8 18:02
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved