Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Shipping a 51 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Good morning Packard Members !
Just bought a 51 Patrician 400 in New Hampshire. Looking for a recommended shipper that any of you have used and were completely satisfied with. I ask because, when you ask for a quote on line, your phone/ email start blowing up non stop. I figured I'd ask the people who've been there, done that. Need to ship in the next week or so. The sooner the better.
To add, the vehicle is currently not running. Some shippers require that it be able to move under it's own power. It will run but, the seller doesn't have time to mess with it.

Regards,
HotRod
Texas

Posted on: 2021/3/11 8:25
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Re: Shipping a 51 Packard
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Generally you can expect about $1 a mile.

I used a broker called United Routes about 5 years ago to move my Clipper on an enclosed truck from Southern California to the Chicagoland area. Roughly 2,000 miles. I believe it was around $1,800 for door-to-door service. I think every transporter can have good and bad days, regardless of cost and reputation. Its how they respond and cover any mishaps that makes the difference.

Posted on: 2021/3/11 8:34
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Thanks BigKev !

Posted on: 2021/3/11 8:47
It is what it is....
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Communicate directly with the carriers for prices and schedules, not a broker. This way you get to choose the company you want and not the one picked by the broker. Always ship in a covered transporter. Kev is correct, expect about $1 per mile. Scheduling is probably the biggest thing to coordinate. Carriers like to move with full loads. This may involve many locations to load and unload. The fewer the stops the better. Good luck.

Posted on: 2021/3/11 11:28
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
Do not use reliable transport.They gave me a price of 800.00 after they got the money and picked up the car they said they put the car at 1 of there yards and they made a mistake on shipping price. Now in order to get my car they told me they needed 2800.more to deliver it.Call these guys they moved several vehicles for me and the price was good and did not change auto transport 866 774 6570

Posted on: 2021/3/11 12:48
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

MJG
See User information
Just this week I got a quote from Passport Transport for moving one of my non-op cars from NJ to GA - $1400. Never used before but many speak highly. I couldn't use them due to access to the car. I'm going the uhaul route instead at $1680... ouch. Guess everyone is leaving there...
Mike

Posted on: 2021/3/11 13:00
1948 Custom Eight Victoria Convertible
Others:
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Deluxe Convertible Coupe
1956 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Best to work directly with the carrier as already noted. When I moved six large cars from California to Oregon, I had to use a broker as I was trying to also move myself to a new home at the same time but it did cost considerably more for the convenience. She (the broker) did a great job, though, and made it happen. The actual carriers were Kiwi out of Washington state and I was quite happy with their work but I believe they do only West Coast although I’m not sure about that.

Posted on: 2021/3/11 13:23
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

58survivor
See User information
I used Intercity for a cross country move from CA to PA. Took a long time to get a slot on the truck at the time as most of their vehicles were tied up with the Monterey show at the time. Once lined up they were excellent.

Driver acted as my agent to exchange title and payment and the car stayed with the same husband & wife team at all times including sleep and eating times. Lots of contact along the travel routes and they even helped find a good drop off point since my location won't accommodate a tractor trailer. A little north of $1/mile but worth the peace of mind for me.

Posted on: 2021/3/12 19:25
Joe L
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Thumbs up for Passport Transport, Moving the Duchess from Oregon to Maryland. Conscientious and right in time. More reasonable than the brokers I checked with and the online quotes I requested. Closed transport all the way.

Attach file:

jpeg  119712C2-FF13-46EB-B2B1-443DF95B7B48.jpeg (161.40 KB)
1067_604c39e3e68e0.jpeg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2021/3/12 23:05
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Good to have another Packard headed for Texas...my prediction is the problem is going to be the Inop status. You might also list on Uship to find a more sympathetic carrier for such a PITA shipment.

Posted on: 2021/3/13 6:59
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved