Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

120C Touring Sedan Roof Insert
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Where might I go to obtain the materials to replace the batting and waterproof canvas to install a new roof insert on my 120C Touring Sedan. I did read the forum entry concerning the convertible trim strips, so I'll see about eight getting some manufactured from my source for my vehicle.
Thanks to all for your help.

Posted on: 2021/3/13 12:20
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Re: 120C Touring Sedan Roof Insert
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Colonial Grain rubberized top material is available from either Restoration Supply or Restoration Specialties, forget which but catalogs are available on-line. Generally comes in two patterns, long and short grain. Cotton batting available at most any upholstery supply source.

Posted on: 2021/3/13 13:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Thanks and I did find what they call short cobra grain material from Restoration Specialties. Upon viewing a Youtube video where someone was replacing a 1937 Packard 110 roof insert, there was a metal trim piece on top of the material that was also nailed into the wood roofing. I'm having Restoration Specialties send to me a sample of the material as well as what they might have for this trim piece.
Again, thanks for the information. I am again on the way to getting my car on the road.

Posted on: 2021/3/30 14:45
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Howe
See User information
Just a little more information. Restoration Specialties does have the Sedan Decking (their term) in smooth grain for these roof inserts.
Thanks to all for your expertise.

Posted on: 2021/4/5 12:25
Roger Howe
Whitewright, TX
1937 120C Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved