Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 110

TxGoat, humanpotatohybrid, kevinpackard, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 33 »

Re: Wat's Clipper coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
You're welcome. Wat is a lazy picture taker.

Posted on: 2022/7/10 6:23
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Yes, Thank You. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/7/10 11:27
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
You're welcome.

Got a chance to visit with Ross for a couple of minutes.

Posted on: 2022/7/10 12:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
The bank let us know that they (finally!!!) approved the loan for expanding Fred's Considerable Holdings (for a cat).

There be ample pole barn space.

Now, as to time to do all of this . . . .

:rolleyes:

Posted on: 2022/7/18 18:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Earlier this week, Fred's mother discovered that she, Fred, has a wound which has gotten infected. It's nothing life-threatening, but Fred has been removed to the house for observation. A course of treatment became apparent and it be administered and monitored, and a full recovery is expected.

That's the good news. The bad news is, Fred may become an Indoor Kitty, and that will put the kibosh on Packard Fred pictures. I'll miss those, but Fred is guaranteed to stay out of the road if she's in the house, and she will still be in control of my brain.

Now, I can strip the blue '41 and junk the rest and not feel guilty about trashing Fred's sunroom.

Posted on: 2022/7/31 5:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Haven't checked in for a couple of weeks, so here goes. Fred the cat seems to be making a full recovery, and she seems to be angling to resume her status as a solitary hunter/killer/Car-keeper outside. The birds quake at thought of her return.

Got transferred back to Kentucky on Friday. I had hoped this was coming, but I wasn't sure that it was really going to be in the works, and I was getting serious about looking for another job to get the Hell away from the assignment that I was marooned on in Virginia. It really sucked, and it will continue to suck long after I'm gone. But I'll get to work near the Anvil Collection, Fred's charges, on weekends at least. I also have a house renovation project there, and we're going to install a long-term RV camping corner because the local state park will not allow campers for over 14 days, and there seems to be a market for longer term rentals. Who knew? If all goes as planned, I should be out of VA on Friday morning and will dine with Fred that night.

Went out to start Fred the '46 Deluxe - the one that stays here - yesterday. The goal was to drive it to have breakfast with Mom. It decided to have a fuel leak near the carb. The original steel line from the pump had been cut and a fuel filter of dubious vintage/quality has been neoprened into the line. I stopped at NAPA on the way home and scored a longish section of new neoprene, took the old mess out, and re-plumbed the gasoline. I didn't cut the line and installed it with a loop in it, kinda like the thinking behind a p-trap. The idea is, perhaps this will help keep fuel from running back down the line and making the car hard to start after it's been sitting. It can't hurt, I reckon, and it certainly has its leak cured and being able to suck less/no air should help keep the fuel close to the carb, too. More will be disclosed as observations continue.

Anyway, Fred the car drove fine on its small outing after the leak was repaired, but it does have a dragging noise coming from the driver's side front brake, methinks. No road trips until that gets inspected. Like Rosanne Rosannadanna, it's always something.

Posted on: 2022/8/14 3:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Busy loading stuff to go back to Fred's. Should get that wrapped up today and then hit the road in the morning.

There has been a stack of rims that I brought back maybe a year ago (or not quite, in fairness) to get a buddy to get a buddy to blast and powdercoat them. Only coating they've received is a touch more Ferrous Oxide. So I'm looking at reloading them and taking them back and finding a guy out there and trying again. I like red wheels on a black car. Black cars all need - somethin'.

So looking forward to this.

Posted on: 2022/8/18 4:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
I left the '46 Deluxe in VA when I came back west. Too much stuff to move and not enough trailers. Anyway, I still wonder about it.

The guy I got it from, the man who sorted it out, put a 195*F t-stat in the cooling system. He also installed a modern gauge since the one in the dash wouldn't work for him. I've never been a fan of a C-and-H gauge anyway. I prefer a number, and then let me draw my own conclusion. The last couple of times that I have driven the car, it seems to be reading closer to the 230* mark than the 200* mark, which may be a coolant level issue that I haven't checked. Also, it's a bit hard to start if it doesn't sit awhile after I turn it off. Like after five minutes versus an hour.

So I question the efficacy of using a 195* stat in a car designed to run with a one sixty something stat. There's another experiment to conduct, and to check for coolant leaks. When I get it up here. Not sure when that will be.

I have this house to tackle first, now, and the cruel feline taskmistress.

Posted on: 2022/8/25 5:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I think Fred will agree with me on this: A 170F thermostat is as high as I would go and prefer a 160F rated one for these Clippers.

Posted on: 2022/8/25 12:16
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
I left the '46 Deluxe in VA when I came back west. Too much stuff to move and not enough trailers.

You could have left it here in North Carolina with me Wat! I would have exercised it weekly if not daily

Posted on: 2022/8/25 16:17
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 33 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved