Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
44 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 42

Spencer B., BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 26 27 28 (29)

Re: Wat's Clipper coven
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Not the point. I like red. Witness:

Attach file:

jpg  65858734568__8FD40F12-55F5-4BF6-8E40-DE7B65DD9D53.jpg (4,824.75 KB)
224836_63bb33fe79b70.jpg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 1/8 16:22
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
Poor shade of red.

Well.....it's definitely bright.

Posted on: 1/8 21:49
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 
Laugh (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Just not up my alley is all, really.

Ford does a good shade of a maroony-red on their trucks. I'm almost considering it for the six coupe project, but that waaay down the road as of yet.

Posted on: 1/9 6:38
 Top  Print 

Re: Wat
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Didn't get a lot of shop work in this weekend. It was a touch cold Saturday, too cold to be out there playing in its current draughty condition. Sunday was an improvement even if cool-n-chill. There were other errands to run as well. Got a few more ceiling supports in for a few more lights as the plan came together in my head. The table will be brighter still.

A friend of ours is looking for a 356 solenoid for his starter. Seems those things have now achieved Hens' Teeth status in the NOS category. So I fished through my stuff and found an allegedly rebuilt starter with solenoid intact. I could get the starter to run but was unsure what to do to test to see if I could make the solenoid do its thing in the bench - which was actually in the horsehouse since my spare 6v battery has given up the ghost. I asked a practical old car buddy and he gave me what he thought would work. Tried it. It did. Now I have a solenoid to remove, pack and ship Over There. And some more here to hunt down and test. And his old one when it arrives to disassemble and fix, if possible. It can't be that difficult.

I guess that it's time to spring for an Optima, too. Gotta have a spare battery.

Also, I need to get after dealing with this hulk of a Henney, but I think I require for it to be a touch warmer, and probably the days a touch longer.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_2120.jpg (4,204.51 KB)
224836_63c687acc5e79.jpg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 1/17 6:34
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 26 27 28 (29)

Search
Recent Photos
Packard Six (01/24/2023)
Packard Six
Packard Six (01/24/2023)
Packard Six
Packard Six - interior (01/24/2023)
Packard Six - interior
Photo of the Day
1937 Packard touring sedan, salesman showing trunk to couple
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2021, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved