Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
47 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 44

37Blanche, kevinpackard, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

My 1936 120 convertible sedan is coming along
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

KMcoldcars
See User information
A couple three months ago I was having problems removing the engine pan so I could repair 2 cylinders that were low on compression. I finally got the pan off which required 4 screwdrivers, one hammer, and 3 hours. It seems the gasket sealer used on the car set up like glue. I found one cylinder had a broken ring and the other just needed new rings. I honed the cylinders and put it back together with new rings. Both cylinders now have the proper compression and the engine runs fine.

I have been stripping the paint from the body. Today I primed the body, except for the cowl. I have also primed a lot of the parts I have removed from the car. The paint store has custom mixed Trianon Green Metallic paint for me that is virtually a perfect match for the paint chip I have of the color.

Friday a friend will be over and we will remove the windshield. I can then strip the cowl and get it primed. After a lot of sanding and some minor fill the car will be ready for paint.

The windshield frame and a couple of other small pieces need re-chroming. Hopefully it does not cost an arm or two. Most of the chrome looks like new.

All of the interior has been removed and I have made all the black leather pieces - seats, door panels, kick panels, rear quarter panels, etc. They are ready to go back in the car after it is painted. Then it will be just make a new top for it and put in new carpet. It may get finished before I die.

Attach file:

jpg  DSC_8637.JPG (213.19 KB)
222759_606502e47f514.jpg 1920X1375 px

jpg  DSC_8639.JPG (246.28 KB)
222759_6065032de9058.jpg 1920X1306 px

Posted on: 2021/3/31 18:14
1936 Packard 120 convertible sedan
1916 Ford Model T Coupelet
1962 Thunderbird
2000 Corvette convertible
 Top  Print   

Re: My 1936 120 convertible sedan is coming along
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Looking good, Keith. Keep up the progress. DAF

OH, and when are you planning to die?

Posted on: 2021/3/31 19:53
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

KMcoldcars
See User information
Hello, David. It will be probably within 6 years. I am 78, in the last 14 months I had 4 different cancers, and I have diabetes. The preceding is not a recipe for a really long life. However the cancer is all behind me now and the diabetes had been under control for many years. Each day I feel better and can get more done. I would like to have the car painted and back together and driving this year.
Gary says to give you a kiss hello.

Posted on: 2021/3/31 20:21
1936 Packard 120 convertible sedan
1916 Ford Model T Coupelet
1962 Thunderbird
2000 Corvette convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Someone recently wrote, maybe here, the following: "The plan is to die young, as late as possible."

Posted on: 2021/4/1 11:34
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Great plan JWL.

Posted on: 2021/4/2 10:10
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved